P700 Denali Plow Mount issue on 700-4

M

mpilihp

Aug 13, 2021
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
So I installed a viper 3500lb winch and the Denali plow mount on my stock 2021 700-4 and I am finding it sits very LOW. I'm not trail riding it just using to work in my woods, cutting firewood and it doesn't take too tall of a rock or stump sticking up for the mount tabs where the plow hooks on to bottom out.

My stock rhino didn't have this issue, the mount was back in the middle of the body for the old school moose plow. I did not get push tubes for a lifted rig so really not looking to do that.

Have anyone devised a way to protect these tabs from bending? I was thinking of putting large bolts through them with a stack of washers between the tabs to help keep them from bending.

Thanks

Phil

Reactions: Smitty335
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Pics of what you say is “Low” ?
hard to make judgment on imagination lol

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I was thinking of putting large bolts through them with a stack of washers between the tabs to help keep them from bending.
That's a great idea.
I agree it's in a bad spot, but most all snow plow mounts are.
I would have to remove it during the off snow season.

M

mpilihp

Aug 13, 2021
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
Pics of what you say is “Low” ?
hard to make judgment on imagination lol
Hi got a pic last night, hard to see but its I think more like 7.5 inch, just noticing the tape was on a rock!

20220815 175607

lawoftangent

lawoftangent

Sep 15, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-2
Another Mainer! I agree it is very low. Almost gave my buddy a concussion on the first ride I took through the woods with the mount installed, after it fetched up on every little pile of dirt, rock and stump imaginable. That being said, I take mine off in the spring before we take it on the trails for that exact reason, and put it back on in the fall right before the snow starts to fly. Takes 5 minutes to install/remove. After two seasons, I am finding I need to replace the front bolts and potentially drill out the welded nuts on the front skidplate because they have gotten so chowdered. I love the plow, just one of those things to deal with.

Reactions: mpilihp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!