P1000m3 Did you ever had this problem? Engine stop running for no reason

B

BleuetVoyageur

Jun 18, 2018
Alma Lac St-Jean QC, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just bought this side by side Honda 1000 es 2017 three places. On my first ride after few miles the engine stopped running for no reasons and I re started it no problem and the same thing happened more and more. Brought my side by side to the dealer and he found that it was a faulty injector, they changed it.
Went for another ride but after quarter of mile I stopped to clear branches, engine was running idle, I've try to move and the engine started to sound poor in gas and stopped and didn't want to re-start.( Gas tank was full) Lucky I wasn't to far from home. I'm starting to don't trust my side by side.
Anybody who met this problem, please let me know if your dealer found the problem and where it was coming from.
Thank you.

Reactions: BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just bought this side by side Honda 1000 es 2017 three places. On my first ride after few miles the engine stopped running for no reasons and I re started it no problem and the same thing happened more and more. Brought my side by side to the dealer and he found that it was a faulty injector, they changed it.
Went for another ride but after quarter of mile I stopped to clear branches, engine was running idle, I've try to move and the engine started to sound poor in gas and stopped and didn't want to re-start.( Gas tank was full) Lucky I wasn't to far from home. I'm starting to don't trust my side by side.
Anybody who met this problem, please let me know if your dealer found the problem and where it was coming from.
Thank you.
Mine did it once a year ago at 100 miles 1500 on now hasn't done it since

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thank you.
Its possible it's been sitting a while and the fuel system is gummed up. Which would foul the injector. Make sure you are using non ethanol fuel and pour a can of sea foam Into the fuel tank.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Its possible it's been sitting a while and the fuel system is gummed up. Which would foul the injector. Make sure you are using non ethanol fuel and pour a can of sea foam Into the fuel tank.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Ditto on the sea foam. That stuff is voodoo magic crazy good.

E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
As your unit is new... check all the ground wires. Mine acted up with 24 miles. Found obviously loose ground wire by oil filters. Checked all others, there are 4 that I've found, one little loose and the engine one barely on. Tightened up and cleaned. Haven't missed a beat since. (250 miles) And it's not hard. lift bed and pull seat bottom. You can see and check nearly everything on the 1000-3. Good luck and hope this changes your mind about Pioneers.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!