P700 Dont know anything about tires....Help.

onecreeper

onecreeper

May 21, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
Ok....I do know the 25x10x12 that came on the rear of my 2021 700-4 Deluxe that I picked up in July.....means 25"H x 10"W x 12"Rim.

The back is wearing a lot due to turning on concrete / fixed rear axle. Looking for something on the rear less aggressive and taller if possible...even the wife said those looked like "p@@@@" tires on the back, so need to strike while the iron is hot and wants to spend the money on something else...:eek: I dont want to install spacers or lifts or have to buy new rims.....so wondering what sizes I can get. I am reading most tires run small and on the back of the pioneer there is PLENTY of clearance....so here is my question.

I have to believe I can go to 28". Would like to go an inch wider if possible but need to keep on the 12" rim. So can I run 28x11x12? I like that Sedona Coyote tire....but could go with any less aggressive tread to ease wear....do not need sand or mud paddles...haha.

Reactions: Lady01
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ok....I do know the 25x10x12 that came on the rear of my 2021 700-4 Deluxe that I picked up in July.....means 25"H x 10"W x 12"Rim.

The back is wearing a lot due to turning on concrete / fixed rear axle. Looking for something on the rear less aggressive and taller if possible...even the wife said those looked like "p@@@@" tires on the back, so need to strike while the iron is hot and wants to spend the money on something else...:eek: I dont want to install spacers or lifts or have to buy new rims.....so wondering what sizes I can get. I am reading most tires run small and on the back of the pioneer there is PLENTY of clearance....so here is my question.

I have to believe I can go to 28". Would like to go an inch wider if possible but need to keep on the 12" rim. So can I run 28x11x12? I like that Sedona Coyote tire....but could go with any less aggressive tread to ease wear....do not need sand or mud paddles...haha.
I had the stockers, busted two fronts, next set was EFX, busted one front, next two sets were ITP's, first set was the Black Water's, second set is the Terra Hooks. The Terra Hooks aren't an aggressive thread but work great in every thing but deep mud. Never had a flat on these last two sets of tires. I Highly recommend the ITP line of tires.

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand

rear

Tusk Terrabite® Radial Tire 27x11-12 Medium/Hard Terrain​

front

Tusk Terrabite® Radial Tire 27x9-12 Medium/Hard Terrain​

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I went thru my factory tires and replaced them at about 600 miles with 27" Tusk Terrabytes. 3000 miles later and I am still running them and they honestly look like I could get another 3000 out of them. 27x9 in front and 27x11 in back on factory 12s and all stock suspension.

20210329 143406

onecreeper

onecreeper

May 21, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
I went thru my factory tires and replaced them at about 600 miles with 27" Tusk Terrabytes. 3000 miles later and I am still running them and they honestly look like I could get another 3000 out of them. 27x9 in front and 27x11 in back on factory 12s and all stock suspension.

View attachment 310915
That is exactly what I wanted to know. I plan on putting Tusks on the back...keeping whats left of the originals for spares or when I hit deep mud.

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
That is exactly what I wanted to know. I plan on putting Tusks on the back...keeping whats left of the originals for spares or when I hit deep mud.

Not sure how it'll ride with the mixed tires. My first 600 miles was about 400 on asphalt and gravel and it actually eat up the fronts faster than the backs.

I dont do any deep mud, but they tusks do fine in sloppy cut corn and bean fields fall and winter and of course the spring and summer evening rides around the house are much much better now.

onecreeper

onecreeper

May 21, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
I would think it wont ride any worse. Again, not buying to improve ride but rather more pavement / gravel friendly tires.

advertisement
onecreeper

onecreeper

May 21, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
Is the gear ratio that much of an issue? I dont use the 4WD that often but I could see it putting strain on gearbox when I do.

So if I go 27" all the way around I wont need a lift and the fronts will also fit assuming I keep same widths 9"

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Is the gear ratio that much of an issue? I dont use the 4WD that often but I could see it putting strain on gearbox when I do.

So if I go 27" all the way around I wont need a lift and the fronts will also fit assuming I keep same widths 9"

No lift needed and no rubbing with 27s all the way around.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2

Skinny tires look funny all the way around

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Is the gear ratio that much of an issue? YES I dont use the 4WD that often but I could see it putting strain on gearbox when I do.

So if I go 27" all the way around I wont need a lift YES and the fronts will also fit assuming I keep same widths 9" YES

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
rear

Tusk Terrabite® Radial Tire 27x11-12 Medium/Hard Terrain​

front

Tusk Terrabite® Radial Tire 27x9-12 Medium/Hard Terrain​

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!