P700 Door Nets

1950Willys

1950Willys

Apr 4, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I bought used 2014 700 and it did not have door nets. Quick ride through overgrown trails today showed me they may be useful. Looking for a set and found several on e-bay. Question is are they the same ans can be used on left or right or are they side specific?

Reactions: Russ989
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
Nets are a PIA, i took mine off and tossed them after the first ride with them. I'll take the ocassional stick to the face over messing around with the nets everytime I get in or out, but thats just me.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Nets are a PIA, i took mine off and tossed them after the first ride with them. I'll take the ocassional stick to the face over messing around with the nets everytime I get in or out, but thats just me.
Man!!! The safety nuts are going to pounce on you. (I took mine off after they never got unrolled for a year.)

Reactions: Mudwing
K

kswaterfowler

Oct 18, 2015
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Mine are all rolled up and never get used. If I can get them off I would sell them to the op cheap.

Reactions: Backwoods
L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
I would not recommend removing or not using any safety device to another person.

I might be putting along at 3 mph on a flat yard and recommending that someone else remove their seat belt or net when they are driving 45 mph or rock crawling up a steep hill with 2 kids in the back seat.

So, my understanding is that they keep sticks and limbs out while also keeping people and limbs in.

Not long ago read where one tipped over and people doing what they do instinctively, the wife put out her hand to catch herself as they fell over. Don't think they were going fast or expected it, they just hit a rut or bump and over it went.
I don't remember all the details but it was pretty nasty, a broken collarbone, arm etc.
Had she been wearing a seatbelt and the netting been closed, it probably would have been a bruise or two.

We have options and we need common sense applied to how we are using them.
One way of doing it simply won't work for all.

Not knocking those who don't use them (I don't either when I am on my property) just a fyi for you to make an informed decision.

S

Sgt_Dubie

Jul 13, 2019
Warren, Mb
Ownership

1. 700-4
I actually didn’t find them all that bad. One easy to reach clip and your out the door. If there’s a day I can’t be bothered with them, I’ll roll them up, but I think I’d rather have them and not use them then be in a situation I would like them but don’t have them.

Reactions: Russ989
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I actually didn’t find them all that bad. One easy to reach clip and your out the door. If there’s a day I can’t be bothered with them, I’ll roll them up, but I think I’d rather have them and not use them then be in a situation I would like them but don’t have them.
I rolled mine up and left them on, they don’t get much use but are there if I need them.

25C5947B 5E14 4144 A580 9E4A0C7687F7

advertisement
1950Willys

1950Willys

Apr 4, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I had a friend who has several 700's and they took nets off when purchased,. They gave me a set and after a spin in washer with all the metal loops beating the washer to death they look like new. I believe they will keep the limbs of the wife. Thanks for all your reply's.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
i use the nets to roll things up in like towels clothes other things like thatkeeps them out the way and if put in trash bag nice and dry

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

20steven09

Aug 27, 2019
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
Mine are all rolled up and never get used. If I can get them off I would sell them to the op cheap.

Lol I was thinking the same thing. How much do they sell for? Debating cutting them off and throwing them away or trying to go through the hassle of taking them off

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I took mine off . I will keep them but don't plan on ever putting them on again.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
The sidebar changed at some point...2016 or 2017? That might have caused them to change. Just be sure and double check.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
The sidebar changed at some point...2016 or 2017? That might have caused them to change. Just be sure and double check.
2017 , I think . My side bars are huge but I am not a heavy person so I never notice them .

Reactions: Russ989 and Mudwing
K

kswaterfowler

Oct 18, 2015
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Lol I was thinking the same thing. How much do they sell for? Debating cutting them off and throwing them away or trying to go through the hassle of taking them off
Last time I took it in for service and picked it up they had unrolled them and put them back in place. Before I loaded it back on the trailer I rolled them all back up.

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
Sorry, the dealer would be the only place I can suggest to look.
My nets came off after the first ride, I just doubt we were ever going to get along well.
Some safety features make sense like safety restraints, yet window nets I am not certain of.
Some indicate they help and some do not, I am of the do not crowd.
All of our time is spent in woods or on rocks and we do not have issues either in our jeeps or in a SxS.
It really is personal preference.
One last thing, everyone that jumps in anything with any of us gets the same stern advice.
" NEVER under any circumstances EVER put and body part outside of the confines of the vehicle.
And so far no one has.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mudwing
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!