P700 Electronic programmers and silence mufflers

rogerdodger

rogerdodger

Jan 18, 2015
Does anyone run one of the electronic programmers on their 700 that are supposed to produce more horse power and stuff. Do they actually work? Anyone know the drawbacks of them? Also the silencer mufflers for them – do they work? And do they cause any problems? Too much back pressure, heat, etc.. ?

Reactions: bigbruse
S

SmokinJoe

Jan 28, 2017
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Does anyone run one of the electronic programmers on their 700 that are supposed to produce more horse power and stuff. Do they actually work? Anyone know the drawbacks of them? Also the silencer mufflers for them – do they work? And do they cause any problems? Too much back pressure, heat, etc.. ?

I am a skeptic.

Reactions: rogerdodger
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
My old man has a p4 2016 and he put on the Big gun TFI with nothing else and it doesn't seem to do Much at all.

Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
The chip in question, as they have outlined is simply altering the temperature reading from the engine, in this case the inlet air temperature. GeForce chip does the same thing. The two chips often discussed on this forum, the power commander 5 and Dobeck AFR+ actually intercept the signal to the fuel injector and if I understand correctly, they will keep the fuel injector open slightly longer to inject more fuel. This would explain why they also intercept the oxygen sensor so they can trick the computer to prevent it from leaning out the mixture. Don't get me wrong, I am sceptical as everybody else but with some well respected members confirming they can feel a difference, The ads the ability to simply not stall out or spin the tires slightly longer, or the butt Dyno feeling a difference, I think I'm willing to try it, provided of course there's some money back guarantee.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rogerdodger

rogerdodger

Jan 18, 2015
Thank you everyone for the responses! Ems-Cam, keep us updated if you decide to get one.

B

BAMASXSRIDER

Feb 6, 2017
ALABAMA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would love to see some real life numbers on some of these mods. Like a 0-40 mph run before and after, or dyno test.

Reactions: Tflynn and swsebek
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Digging up an old post! Checking to see if anyone put a programmer on their 700. I would like to try one but I'm leery of wasting money. If it helps fine, but I can find better uses for $400-$500 if they don't do anything.

Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
While I didn’t get numbers, I do feel a difference. The beast has a little better get up and go. As everyone has mentioned before, the gains are minimal due to the specifics of this unit, but I felt it helped fill some of the gaps.
In my opinion, worth the money.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
While I didn’t get numbers, I do feel a difference. The beast has a little better get up and go. As everyone has mentioned before, the gains are minimal due to the specifics of this unit, but I felt it helped fill some of the gaps.
In my opinion, worth the money.
Thanks for the info. Which one did you go with?

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
There was an old post. I recall a 0-40 test before and after.
And if I recall someone replying to that post was going to put one on a dyno.

I think there is more HP to be had from these engines. I'm hoping someone will find the combination.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
There was an old post. I recall a 0-40 test before and after.
And if I recall someone replying to that post was going to put one on a dyno.

I think there is more HP to be had from these engines. I'm hoping someone will find the combination.
I hear ya! I don't mind spending a little money to get more out of the engine. I just don't want to waste my money...

Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
I don't feel for a second that I wasted my money on the programmer. As I said, it helped.

Reactions: LandPioneer
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I hear ya! I don't mind spending a little money to get more out of the engine. I just don't want to waste my money...
I have never seen any confirmed data on any programmers.In almost 5years now!!
They took the engine out of 650lb. Atv and stuck it in a 1400 plus lb Pig.......
I don't believe there is hardly any Hp gain.
STOCK---Take some corn and throw it in the trailer.The pig walks in.
PROGRAMMERS---- Now hit the pig in the azz with 5000watt shocker----- zoom into the trailer...:D
Same ol pig just a little quicker out of the slop.

Last edited:
N

Norndorf

Mar 27, 2018
Central PA
Ownership

1. 700-4
So what is the consensus of the DOBECK AFR+?? Worth it to add power? Does it help with the 43mph top speed? I’m not usually going that fast but I would like to be able to get up and go if I want too.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!