P500 Elka Stage 1

nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Im ordering the rears next week, if that tells you anything;). I went riding with a few of my buddies I met here on the forum, and they all commented how much softer the machine seemed. All of them have P1K's, but my one bud is real familiar with the P5--has a lot of miles on one himself. Pushed down on my winch 2-3 times and said "dang man! those are softer." I do have to back off the pre-load a little bit. I cranked a little more in b4 we road to see how it acted @ 11" of front clearance. Notice that front-right stubby-side CV bottoming a couple times. I would advise someone who rides hard to go with Stage 4 or so--rebound adjustment clicker would be nice. For those that ride recreationally, no jumps, 3 gear-ish most of the time--stage 1 is a great investment. Hopefully these keep me happy for a year or so. The wife likes the Talon X just as much as I do after sitting in it :rolleyes:.
I ran into the same deal with the right front CV after putting the WE shocks on.I caught it while still on the jack stands.I cured the problem by cutting the lower shock mount off and rewelding them 1/2 lower on the A-arm.No more bind at full droop.I don't know if the others here with the WE's have had this problem or even checked for binding.I had not seen it mentioned.

dpnorth

dpnorth

North adventures south
Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Crawfordville FL
www.youtube.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand

3. Talon X
Finally have the P5 riding like a dream!

IMG 0397 2

Reactions: Eltobgi
dpnorth

dpnorth

North adventures south
Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Crawfordville FL
www.youtube.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand

3. Talon X
then it must be time to get rid of it!! hahahahaha

suggestion: don't get your wife a makeover . . .

lol! It's only the front set :p

I emailed about ordering the rear Elkas, and got a buzz back from a dealer on an 'inquiry' i had on a Talon shortly after.... The wife sat in it and was on board. soooo comfy.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!