P500 EMP Wipers Installed (the easy way)

O

Oregonkirk

Dec 24, 2017
John Day, Oregon
Ownership

1. 500
Never really wanted a full windshield but after riding and plowing in the cold, figured it could be justified. Had only used it in the cold and snow and never really wet conditions until the last ride. Light rain and water holes made for a wet windshield and that made the glare on the plastic suck ass. Had a squeegee but stopping every 5 minutes on a group ride isn't an option so you just go a while without seeing too good, and that's stupid. Needed a wiper bad!
Could have bought one and opened up a little porthole to look through but then your passenger doesn't get to see very well, decided two was the way to go. Could've gotten the 12" but 16" covers more area and I think they're the same price, $100 for two and if they lap over each other, oh well.
Looked at this thing long and hard and tried every mounting configuration and sweep pattern possible. They have a factory bend to them too and don't come straight off the pivot. Should I sweep up, down, another factor is how they would sit it the rested position? After time spent this is what I came up with...

This is the Honda Hardcoat Tipout. Didn't have to drill through the windshield or anything. Used one of the mounting holes on each side for the clamp attachment. Removed the nut, bolt and plastic bushing that goes through the rubber grommet. The windshield grommet doesn't have to come out, it's big enough for the wiper bolt to go through. The only alteration I had to make was to the plastic bracket, it has the little recessed nut area on the back. I just drilled the hole bigger for the wiper bolt to fit, 1/2".
Factory brackets, factory grommets and factory drilled holes, wipers the easy way!

View attachment 90395 View attachment 90396 View attachment 90398 View attachment 90399
View attachment 90400
Thanks Trigger. Just got mine installed. Great idea!

G

GTS1953

Aug 11, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
trigger,
In a couple of your pics it looks like you have a quick release clamp on the windshield adjustment. Mine has knobs that are a PIA to deal with. Where did your clamps come from?
Thanks

Reactions: crewcabrob
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
trigger,
In a couple of your pics it looks like you have a quick release clamp on the windshield adjustment. Mine has knobs that are a PIA to deal with. Where did your clamps come from?
Thanks

Mine is the Honda hardcoat windshield. The clamps came with it.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Handles
Mine has handles that can be tightened and then you cinch them down. Here's a good look at them...

Last edited:
G

GTS1953

Aug 11, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
Looks like the same windshield, just a different clamping mechanism. Good thing my buddy runs a Honda dealership, I have him working on a solution for me.

G

GTS1953

Aug 11, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
Turns out that my windshield is a lower grade than yours and comes with the wing screw type clamp. The good news is that the 700 windshield he sells has the quick clamps and he will probably replace at least a couple of them this year. I can wait a while for free hardware!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Turns out that my windshield is a lower grade than yours and comes with the wing screw type clamp. The good news is that the 700 windshield he sells has the quick clamps and he will probably replace at least a couple of them this year. I can wait a while for free hardware!

I thought it might be.

J

jsanders

Dec 24, 2018
usa
Ownership

1. 500
I found this post while researching wipers for my p 500.I used the link trigger posted on the first page and went to RM atv.They sell the EMP wiper for 59$ and a tusk version for around 19$ they look very similar.Anyone try the tusk version or have input?

advertisement
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Yeah, should work just like I did mine then. FYI, I spent the high dollar for the EMP wipers but there are cheaper ones out there that I think are the same thing. Pretty sure @Mudder had a line on some.
Yep, Ebay find, search UTV universal manual wiper, looks just like EMP but less than $15, pay attention to size. For reference on OEM full windshield. I have the 25 inch arm, 16 blade. I did remount them the @trigger way later on.
Heres the old thread

Last edited:
Morpheus

Morpheus

Supporting Member
May 6, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
Never really wanted a full windshield but after riding and plowing in the cold, figured it could be justified. Had only used it in the cold and snow and never really wet conditions until the last ride. Light rain and water holes made for a wet windshield and that made the glare on the plastic suck ass. Had a squeegee but stopping every 5 minutes on a group ride isn't an option so you just go a while without seeing too good, and that's stupid. Needed a wiper bad!
Could have bought one and opened up a little porthole to look through but then your passenger doesn't get to see very well, decided two was the way to go. Could've gotten the 12" but 16" covers more area and I think they're the same price, $100 for two and if they lap over each other, oh well.
Looked at this thing long and hard and tried every mounting configuration and sweep pattern possible. They have a factory bend to them too and don't come straight off the pivot. Should I sweep up, down, another factor is how they would sit it the rested position? After time spent this is what I came up with...

This is the Honda Hardcoat Tipout. Didn't have to drill through the windshield or anything. Used one of the mounting holes on each side for the clamp attachment. Removed the nut, bolt and plastic bushing that goes through the rubber grommet. The windshield grommet doesn't have to come out, it's big enough for the wiper bolt to go through. The only alteration I had to make was to the plastic bracket, it has the little recessed nut area on the back. I just drilled the hole bigger for the wiper bolt to fit, 1/2".
Factory brackets, factory grommets and factory drilled holes, wipers the easy way!

View attachment 90395 View attachment 90396 View attachment 90398 View attachment 90399
View attachment 90400
Very Nice Trigger!!!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!