Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
In defense of Hankook, they stood behind the tires. This was several years ago and they had just released that tire so I suspect some early mfg issues as they were really quick to replace them with no questions asked.

They did run smooth, just when the outta round tires got out of synch, the shaking would remove fillings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They had decent reviews! I will give them a shot and report back after I put some miles on them. Thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: Ragnar406 and BWAF
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So for the toyo tires several of the reviews I can find have lower rankings for driving in wet conditions ? What has been your experiences.

I swear tires and mattresses are two things I hate to buy - both are expensive, hard to return and you you are stuck with them for a while

Reactions: JsheII3 and BWAF
J

JTW

So my f150 had the Hankook ATm’s on it when I bought it new.. I ran them for 55k and no issues. Last fall I replaced tires on both the f150 and my Silverado with the hankooks because they did so well. About 20-30k on each truck since the change last year and they’re still doing great! Granted we don’t have the winters some of y’all do.. but they do great for everything I’ve had them in. I use to run cooper zeon ltz’s on my ram but they were twice the cost and I got 1/2-2/3rds the life... it was a no brainer for me. Ford wouldn’t put them on 1000’s of trucks if they were total s*** and wouldn’t get you past the warranty phase. @Eltobgi i think you’ll be happy. @Ragnar406 for about $500 mount and balanced I think they’ll be hard to beat!

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
The last set of Toyos I had was on a 200 series Land Cruiser - heavy as hell truck with great power - 6800 pounds empty with same drive train as Tundra except with full time 4WD.

On that truck the tires were the perfect mix of performance street tire and all terrain. Best tires for wet traction that I have used in quite some time.

Reactions: BWAF and Ragnar406
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My truck came with Goodyear wrangler
So my f150 had the Hankook ATm’s on it when I bought it new.. I ran them for 55k and no issues. Last fall I replaced tires on both the f150 and my Silverado with the hankooks because they did so well. About 20-30k on each truck since the change last year and they’re still doing great! Granted we don’t have the winters some of y’all do.. but they do great for everything I’ve had them in. I use to run cooper zeon ltz’s on my ram but they were twice the cost and I got 1/2-2/3rds the life... it was a no brainer for me. Ford wouldn’t put them on 1000’s of trucks if they were total s*** and wouldn’t get you past the warranty phase. @Eltobgi i think you’ll be happy. @Ragnar406 for about $500 mount and balanced I think they’ll be hard to beat!
my one disagreement to your statement is that I am always Leary of OEM tires.. Ford does put several brands on their trucks mine came with Goodyear wrangler fortitude HT and they have surprised me.

J

JTW

My truck came with Goodyear wrangler

my one disagreement to your statement is that I am always Leary of OEM tires.. Ford does put several brands on their trucks mine came with Goodyear wrangler fortitude HT and they have surprised me.
Mine is a lariat 3.5 ecoboost... so I don’t know if they have different grades of tires based on package or not. But these have been great! If you wait until after the ride to replace you can drive my truck and see if you like them.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just ordered these...

View attachment 89836
Figured for the price I’d give them a shot

View attachment 89834

Just be careful letting the window lickers at Walmart mess with your vehicle. I watched one try multiple times to bolt up my outer dully wheel the wrong way, he couldn’t figure out why the 2 inner and outer wheel flanges were 6” apart and he couldn’t get it started on the wheel studs. I bit my tongue and watched him go get his manager and between the two of them they figured out that you have to spin the outer wheel around. I double checked the lug nuts befor we left their parking lot and one was finger tight

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sad part is thats the future of this country people stopped doing stuff with there hands because it doesn't pay. Skilled labor doesn't pay . It's a thing of the past .Sorry for the off topic rant .
Just be careful letting the window lickers at Walmart mess with your vehicle. I watched one try multiple times to bolt up my outer dully wheel the wrong way, he couldn’t figure out why the 2 inner and outer wheel flanges were 6” apart and he couldn’t get it started on the wheel studs. I bit my tongue and watched him go get his manager and between the two of them they figured out that you have to spin the outer wheel around. I double checked the lug nuts befor we left their parking lot and one was finger tight

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

advertisement
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member

Do not by tires at Walmart! They will f*** up your vehicle, and the tires are Walmart Spec. They are not the same tire as you would get at other retailers or tire stores.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mehhhh... tell that to the kids that went to trade schools vs those that went to grad school.
I know I went trade school been a machineist for 22 years with the right equipment I can make anything on our buggies. But the guys across the street slinging cheese make what I make I'm not a college grad but I'm smart enough to know not everybody can be a boss at some point somebody has to know how to do something.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do not by tires at Walmart! They will f*** up your vehicle, and the tires are Walmart Spec. They are not the same tire as you would get at other retailers or tire stores.

Coming from you that must mean something!

I didn’t buy their tires, just was looking for a flat repair @ 7:30 at night on a Sunday. It was just hers and my bikes in the bed, so I was unprepared not having the trailer and tools. I guess that’s what I get for tire repair on a Sunday night. I had to tell them to use soap and water to find where the air was leaking from. They patched one hole but not the second hole that was right next to the first one. I won’t ever let them even change the tire in my wheel barrow now.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I’ve used Michelin LTX AT2 for my last several sets. They are expensive but they are the best quality no doubt. I get 90k easily on a F150.

I’ve heard good things about the Toyo AT and Nitto AT but haven’t tried them yet. I’m sure they are great tires and will save a few dollars.

The family SUV run Michelin Defender LTX. My first set of those but I can already tell they will last forever.

It’s also not about the tread wear as the number one factor. I had a set of General Grabbers and I was scared to death to drive when it was raining. They were so slick! Even when new. That was years ago and it drove me to Michelin and I’ve never had a reason to leave.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Toyo AT II

I got 63k miles out of my Toyo ATII's on my 2011 F150. Loved them but I know winter is coming. Each of the 4 tires still had 7-9/32 tread and I sold them for $250 for the 4 used tires. They wore flat, rode nice and never needed a patch or plug. I bought another set last month for the F150 and put Toyo HT's on the wife's Expedition. You cant beat a tire made in the USA that lasts 1.25 times the manufacturer's warranty and still holds value.
Another vote for Toyo AT 2. I had them on my half ton Chevy and loved them. Great all terrain tire and good tread life.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Koda and JTW
JsheII3

JsheII3

Long time listener.
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2018
Mississippi
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Desire is for a road quiet tire that will/ might see snow once or twice a year. I don't want anything that adds to the road noise...

BFG KO2
Will go 100k. Very quiet.
43E2A200 4CD6 496E 8C9B E094FBE397C2

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
BFG KO2
Will go 100k. Very quiet.
View attachment 89858
I just wore that set out brutally quick. Maybe it’s just the terrain differences for certain tires but they lasted half as long as our previous Yokos on the same paths.
Hey welcome back @JsheII3!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just wore that set out brutally quick. Maybe it’s just the terrain differences for certain tires but they lasted half as long as our previous Yokos on the same paths.
Hey welcome back @JsheII3!

I never got 100k out of them but they were consistent at 65-70k a set. Good jack of all trades tire. Good in the mud you’ll run into with an average daily.

advertisement