P500 First Thoughts After Purchase

OttoND

OttoND

Feb 9, 2017
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500
2017 Pioneer 500

Bought this thing on a -15°F day here in ND, starts right up! Never wanted a side by side but was able to get it 0 down and 180/mo, so how could I say no to that! Heck, my Verizon bill is more than that. So I got preapproved, drove to town, test drove, signed paperwork, loaded and left all in less than an hour. Very pleased with Minot, ND Honda dealer. Smoothest transaction I have ever ever done.

Next, all I have is snow and snow piles around this place. This machine has no issue climbing up past 45° angle on ice and snow. 12 inches of snow and plows right through it. Big win

New auto tranny shifts great, manual option is awesome for playing with the 4x4 and putting around yard.

Love the flat bed rack, didn't want a box.

And the biggest winner of them all. It fits in the back of my new Dodge 1500 hemi shortbed. Love this machine and will be great roaming the prairie and all the acreage around us on the farm. Great buy, can't wait until summer.

FB IMG 1486510534577

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Congrats
....you've made a great
Choice...
Welcome.....

Reactions: OttoND
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
2017 Pioneer 500

Bought this thing on a -15°F day here in ND, starts right up! Never wanted a side by side but was able to get it 0 down and 180/mo, so how could I say no to that! Heck, my Verizon bill is more than that. So I got preapproved, drove to town, test drove, signed paperwork, loaded and left all in less than an hour. Very pleased with Minot, ND Honda dealer. Smoothest transaction I have ever ever done.

Next, all I have is snow and snow piles around this place. This machine has no issue climbing up past 45° angle on ice and snow. 12 inches of snow and plows right through it. Big win

New auto tranny shifts great, manual option is awesome for playing with the 4x4 and putting around yard.

And the biggest winner of them all. It fits in the back of my new Dodge 1500 hemi shortbed. Love this machine and will be great roaming the prairie and all the acreage around us on the farm. Great buy, can't wait until summer.

View attachment 32590
Welcome, buying it was the initial expense, now you get to add all the accessories to make it your own.

advertisement
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
;)
2017 Pioneer 500

View attachment 32590
You should get a different phone company . ....;)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Better angle of the dangle. Trying to justify the cost of roof, windshield, and so on.

View attachment 32625
Welcome here @OttoND, looks nice, I wonder how long the team that decides on Honda's colors had to look at a swath of that paint color hanging on the break room wall before it was chosen. It seems to take a while to grow on people. The roof and windshield accessories are absolutely justifiable expenditures. Good luck.

OttoND

OttoND

Feb 9, 2017
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500
Ok another thought! The automatic absolutly sucks in deep snow and I am assuming deep mud. Does not shift at right times and will get you stuck a lot faster than manual shifting. Hit a drift and it down shifts from 3rd to second with the delay...bam, stuck. Same conditions, in manual, hit deep snow in 3rd and let it bog down to low end 3Rd, plows right through no issues. Love the option for cruising and putting around. Only thing I have found is the low end auto in low traction situations. Other than that, 60 miles and love this thing. Will go anywhere.

AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
Ok another thought! The automatic absolutly sucks in deep snow and I am assuming deep mud. Does not shift at right times and will get you stuck a lot faster than manual shifting. Hit a drift and it down shifts from 3rd to second with the delay...bam, stuck. Same conditions, in manual, hit deep snow in 3rd and let it bog down to low end 3Rd, plows right through no issues. Love the option for cruising and putting around. Only thing I have found is the low end auto in low traction situations. Other than that, 60 miles and love this thing. Will go anywhere.

Yah. The AT does suck in deeper snow; that's when you switch to MT. Luckily the snow doesn't last!
Al

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!