ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
It is a beautifully made piece, for sure. That being said I effed with it for literally an hour to try to get it installed. The bolt would not go through the included spring. The spring is stiffer than the factory one and it is hard to get it to stay while you put the bolt through. I wore safety glasses but still feared I would lose an eye. No matter what I did the bolt would not go through the spring. and the spring is longer - the longer end digs right into the windshield. It's a spot you can't see from the seat but it still bothered me. While fighting with it I scratched my windshield. Maybe I am just a total idiot and can't handle simple jobs like this but after the amount of frustration I went through trying, I never want to look at the damn thing again.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
If you chamfered the bolt it will make installation of the bolt much easier. Also when you install the spring make sure you use a wrench to push all the way down in the pocket. And yes the spring is a little long. I snipped off a 1/2" or so. But going to order another spring. I will dip in some liquid plastic before I install.

Reactions: ehart814
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't have much for trades but I'd be interested in a price shipped to 54963

clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I dont want the damn thing. Trades for p1000 parts?

View attachment 160242

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean it when I say satisfaction guaranteed. Please mail it back to me and I will give you a full refund, shipping included, I'll refund you the $7.00 for the flat rate USPS shipping.

Did you not see the $ back satisfaction guarantee ?

There is a very slight possibility the spring pocket is not as deep as it should be causing an issue. I really cannot see how that could happen but it is possible if a metal chip got caught in the machining fixture.

If I can figure out a way to get the spring pre-mounted in there for you would you be interested in keeping it or are you just done with it ?

I am sorry for any trouble this has caused you.

Cliff O'Reilly, WFOSXS
40107 215th Ave
Goodhue, MN 55027

advertisement
aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I will say the first time I put one on it was tough to get bolt through. On the newest one with stronger spring it seemed easier to me. When bolt gets half way and hits the lip of bolt I used a small screwdriver to push down in center of spring and went right through. But really all you have to do is grind that shoulder off bolt ever so slightly and it will go right through. The end of spring you can just get small drawer stick on bumper like on cabinet doors to keep it off windshield if want but the stock setup also hits the windshield just not as far away from bracket as the new spring.

clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I dont want the damn thing. Trades for p1000 parts?

View attachment 160242

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had others struggle with this as well. And others that said it was no problem. I want to make it so ALL have no problems. I believe I have a solution that will make it trouble free for all. Have to do some testing.

J

JTW

I mean it when I say satisfaction guaranteed. Please mail it back to me and I will give you a full refund, shipping included, I'll refund you the $7.00 for the flat rate USPS shipping.

There is a very slight possibility the spring pocket is not as deep as it should be causing an issue. I really cannot see how that could happen but it is possible if a metal chip got caught in the machining fixture.

If I can figure out a way to get the spring pre-mounted in there for you would you be interested in keeping it or are you just done with it ?

Cliff O'Reilly, WFOSXS
40107 215th Ave
Goodhue, MN 55027
That’s awesome!!

Reactions: TimG and Russ989
clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
aauman88, thanks for pointing out that the original spring rides on the windshield as well. I'm going to look into getting a plastic or rubber sleeve to go over it.

I'll bring this up before someone else does, yes the WFO does hit on the black SATV bracket and it will get marred up a little just like the original one it replaces.

I do want to caution against cutting the spring shorter, if you cut it to short it can wrap up and then the very end can get stuck in the windshield bending it and making it in operable. This can happen even with it being the original length if you pull down on the WFO while floating in the air and over extending/rotating the spring. See picture, cut to much off and it can get stuck on that lip. I don't believe leaving it long hurts anything.

Spring problems

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

Cliff O'Reilly, WFOSXS
40107 215th Ave
Goodhue, MN 55027

Believe me Cliff, I am in no way unhappy with you! It is just one of those things that can happen. I got so frustrated that I gave up. No, I didnt know there was a video. This part is 100% worth the price I paid and I definitely am not asking you for a refund! I believe whatever problems I had were self inflicted due to my incompetence. I appreciate your concern and offer, but you didnt do anything wrong.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I will say the first time I put one on it was tough to get bolt through. On the newest one with stronger spring it seemed easier to me. When bolt gets half way and hits the lip of bolt I used a small screwdriver to push down in center of spring and went right through. But really all you have to do is grind that shoulder off bolt ever so slightly and it will go right through. The end of spring you can just get small drawer stick on bumper like on cabinet doors to keep it off windshield if want but the stock setup also hits the windshield just not as far away from bracket as the new spring.

i dont know whats up with mine but I tried that and no go. i also tried putting a smaller bolt through from the opposite side while pushing the bolt through, I tried using a small pick to move each of the coils around individually, while doing all this I noticed that the point of the spring was digging in my windshield so i just gave up. I realized that it may help to chamfer the shoulder on the bolt but i had given up at that point

Reactions: TimG and JTW
clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i dont know whats up with mine but I tried that and no go. i also tried putting a smaller bolt through from the opposite side while pushing the bolt through, I tried using a small pick to move each of the coils around individually, while doing all this I noticed that the point of the spring was digging in my windshield so i just gave up. I realized that it may help to chamfer the shoulder on the bolt but i had given up at that point

Something seams wrong with the one you received . I really would like to get it back from you. Can I send you a refund with the extra $ for shipping it back to me .

If we have an unsatisfied customer we have done something wrong. This experience is probably a blessing in disguise. There is a problem here with the installation being a pain in the ass that will be fixed !!! Hopefully by the end of today !!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!