Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Its been a while for sure! Doing good, hanging out on the Yamaha side mostly. New relationship and sports keeping me busy, busy, busy....Still have the yellow 500?
Nope, I sold it a few years ago. Was a fun ride while I had it. Did alotnof mods with it. @trigger and I did some rides together with that machine and his. We were just taking about what a great time we had. Ended up getting a Talon X2 to go along with the P1K5. you got yourself a nice rig there.
AF656668 29BD 4B23 9F27 2B03A46CD58C

Buckaroo41

Buckaroo41

Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2022
South of Heaven West of Hell
Ownership

1. 520
Hey Trigger,
Installed it today and it fit great! You are a genius! I had to make the areas on top where the seat clips in a little wider but everything else lined up perfectly. As I said before, you should sell these on eBay. You saved me loads of time and effort. Thanks again! I tried to add some pictures below....

View attachment 122033 View attachment 122034
May i ask you for some info on the Honda bag between the headrests? I have never seen one like that. Do you have a part number?

J

John Mc

Lifetime Member
Jan 10, 2023
Vermont
Ownership

1. 520
I'll be ordering one of the heat shields shortly.

I'm curious: has anyone who runs a P500/P520 in colder climates come up with an easily reversible way to let the heat through in the winter? I do appreciate the heat when working in +/-15˚F weather. (I prefer to get as much work done in my woods under frozen winter conditions.) I'd rather not remove the whole thing. Perhaps a flap in a strategically located place?

Reactions: trigger
J

John Mc

Lifetime Member
Jan 10, 2023
Vermont
Ownership

1. 520
When I go get the mail down our long driveway, I’d consistently see decibel values of 82-83. With the trigger shield, they sit at 79 or so.

Roughly a 5% decrease.

The engine definitely sounds more muffled to me. Meaning the peaks of the sound aren’t as sharp. It was a good add.
Commenting on a post from some time ago: the decibel scale is logarithmic, not linear. A 3 dB reduction in noise is a about a 50% reduction in sound pressure level (SPL), or about a 20% reduction in volume as perceived by humans.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X

I'm curious: has anyone who runs a P500/P520 in colder climates come up with an easily reversible way to let the heat through in the winter? I do appreciate the heat when working in +/-15˚F weather. (I prefer to get as much work done in my woods under frozen winter conditions.) I'd rather not remove the whole thing. Perhaps a flap in a strategically located place?
It lays under the seat, on top of the plastic so it's easy to remove for cold weather use (or cleaning), just pull the seat up, remove & snap seat back in place

advertisement
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520

Removing it is easy peasy. I took mine off of Critter recently for the winter. Believe me, @trigger's product works! The extra heat is nice. Also, about 30 seconds into the first ride my wife said: "Why is the buggy so loud?"

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Could pop the seat and roll it up easily enough. Use a couple of those bendable tie things to hold it on the frame below the seat back if you don’t want to store it off the SxS somewhere.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

I made a flap in the trigger shield when cutting out an easy access hole for P500 oil filter changes, guess the same can be done with the small area between the seat belts. When ordering, ask @trigger if he has a rubber scrap slightly bigger than the cut out so when closed off again any tape seams is hidden from view under the seats. Trigger is a decent guy to work with. Just a thought.

Last edited:
T

TwoTonNewt

Mar 8, 2024
Northwest Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
So......gotta ask.......forum members get a discount? 😁

I know I'll be getting one eventually! I have not found that the heat or noise is an issue yet, but I also have not put a ton of time or miles on the machine yet. Reading all these reviews on it, would be hard pressed to say its not worth the cost of ownership for sure.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

I know I'll be getting one eventually! I have not found that the heat or noise is an issue yet, but I also have not put a ton of time or miles on the machine yet. Reading all these reviews on it, would be hard pressed to say its not worth the cost of ownership for sure.
The only real discount to forum members is at the Takeover bc it's a cash deal and no shipping costs. You could win one in the raffle as well. But these are pretty much a forum exclusive, they started here and I don't advertise anywhere else so the average Honda owner probably doesn't even know they exist unless by word of mouth.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520

Worth it!!

Don't know why he messes with it honestly, but I'm sure glad he does!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!