P700 Fox Podium 1.5's

junior1954

junior1954

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
Loda, Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just installed my Fox shocks. Fronts were a piece of cake, rears a little trickier. Best to slide bottom of shock in first without its' bolt and wrestle the top in-a spring compressor would have made the rears a 5 minute job like the fronts.

Great build quality-precision brass bushings with "O" ring dust seals-class. Three way adjustment knobs are readily accessible and easy to operate.

Ride is TONS better. I had them on medium initially and drove it alone-too stiff even with my fat a$$ so I backed it off to the lowest damping setting. I'm sure with 3 or 4 people in it I'll set it to medium. I think these shocks were well worth the investment.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
It totally changes the ride. One of the best mods you can do. I too set it on lowest setting then full of stuff I put on medium.

junior1954

junior1954

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
Loda, Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4
When I went to adjust the shocks I discovered the front adjuster knobs hit the fender well and can't be rotated completely forward. There are 3 settings, 1, 2, and 3, 3 being the firmest. That means I can't adjust the driver's front to 1 and the passenger front to 3. The instructions indicate 22 different detents between firmest and softest so obviously their design has changed since the instructions were printed. I can adjust each shock about half way to the forward detent and wonder if I will get the appropriate incremental results or I have to turn the adjuster precisely to each number. I contacted the outfit I bought them from and am awaiting their reply. Honestly, if they threw two or three hundred bucks at me I'd be happy with leaving the fronts on medium. The ride on medium is a quantum leap from the stock shocks. I think a Dremel tool taken to the adjuster knobs would cure the problem but don't want to void my warranty-yet.

Reactions: Mudwing
junior1954

junior1954

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
Loda, Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4
I communicated with the seller, ATV Galaxy, and they were stumped. They'd never had an issue. They said they'd contacted Fox and THEY hadn't had any issues either. I called Fox and spoke to Joey in their warranty department. When I explained what was going on he said "oh, you're the guy, ATV Galaxy called earlier". He told me to take a Dremel tool to it! I told Joey that for $1300.00 I shouldn't have to do anything but bolt these shocks on. Joey also said the knobs would probably jump to a step (detent) it they were set in between 2 numbers. I then went on Partzilla and discovered the part that is restricting the adjuster knobs is called a Headlight Cover, which is basically the front fender well and that the part numbers changed in 2017-18 models. I again corresponded with ATV Galaxy, who seem to be sympathetic, and they said they're going to get Fox to check the fitment on '17 and newer Pioneer 700's. In the meantime, those who are planning on putting Fox Podium 1.5 shocks on their '17 and newer Pioneers will need to modify the adjuster knobs to be able to adjust the fronts.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!