swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Try to find the Leak and fix it. I had a leak for 2 years I could never find. No fluid just tasted t in the air I searched everywhere and could not locate it. But the level never went down. Most of the time it’s a loose hose clamp.
This is just my opinion “ Do Not Use Stop Leak””” garbage crap that will clog everything later on. Heater cores always fail from stop leak

Last edited:
Dockman

Dockman

Lifetime Member
Jul 5, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-2
It is wet around my heater core.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad
Reactions: Buggyman
Dockman

Dockman

Lifetime Member
Jul 5, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-2
with the constant hot and cold cycles I would check the clamps before you pull it. maybe just need snugged up with a 1/4" ratchet.

Not loose when it's cold but will recheck when it's heated up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Farmer and Buggyman
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
If the core is leaking, any reputable radiator repair shop should be able to leak test it and solder it up if needed.

Avoid Bar's Leaks or anything similar at all costs. There's no such thing as a "mechanic in a bottle", as it doesn't properly fix the root cause while it DOES risk creating a bigger problem. The ONLY time I'd use it would be as a temporary fix to get you home if you were stranded out in the middle of nowhere and had no alternative.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Try to find the Leak and fix it. I had a leak for 2 years I could never find. No fluid just tasted t in the air I searched everywhere and could not locate it. But the level never went down. Most of the time it’s a loose hose clamp.
This is just my opinion “ Do Not Use Stop Leak””” garbage crap that will clog everything later on. Heater cores always fail from stop leak

That's how mine was. No leak just that hint of antifreeze in the air.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!