P1000 Hillbilly brake

itsrip

itsrip

Mar 10, 2021
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got a Hillbilly brake for my 2021 honda pioneer 1000-5 about 6 mouths ago it did work as good the one had on a Polaris call Hillbilly brake an talked to an old guy told him my story an he said it should work better an will send a new one the next day an he did an the new one worked great they really are some good folks

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you need the Hillbilly brake to hold with more pressure, there's a simple adjustment you can make. On the front of the brake pedal arm, there's a clevis, locknut, and threaded rod going forward to the brake cylinder. No need to undo the clevis, just loosen the locknut with wrench, then turn the threaded rod a couple of turns clockwise (looking from back towards front). Tighten locknut. Test.

A quick hint for installing the Hillbilly brake. It's a pain to get the fender washer and serrated nut all lined up with the bolt. Much easier if you first put a small amount of super glue on the fender washer and glue the nut to it. Then you can slide the "assembly" into place with one finger.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I finally got around to adjusting the brake rod for my Hillbilly brake about a week ago. Clean up the driver side floor, as you’ll be lying on it but then it’s pretty straightforward. 12 mm open end and some pliers to turn the rod.