P1000 Honda OEM Winch Switch Wiring

EmEyeZee

EmEyeZee

Jul 25, 2022
SE MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I recently added the Viper V2 winch to my 2022 P1K5 Deluxe. I have been using the wireless remote with no issues but would like to add a switch on the panel as well. And I like to keep things as stock looking as possible, so I purchased the OEM Honda Winch rocker switch. Part number 35380-HL4-AQ1. It arrived with 5 wires coming out of it into a Honda harness. Yellow, Blue, Black, White/Blue, and White/Black. Pic attached. Now, I feel like I can make some educated guesses on which one is which for wiring to a winch, but I figured it wouldn’t hurt to post something hoping someone else has used this OEM switch on an aftermarket winch. Any help would be appreciated!

IMG 0413

Reactions: wyldeman
wyldeman

wyldeman

Jul 23, 2022
Fort Wayne, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I recently added the Viper V2 winch to my 2022 P1K5 Deluxe. I have been using the wireless remote with no issues but would like to add a switch on the panel as well. And I like to keep things as stock looking as possible, so I purchased the OEM Honda Winch rocker switch. Part number 35380-HL4-AQ1. It arrived with 5 wires coming out of it into a Honda harness. Yellow, Blue, Black, White/Blue, and White/Black. Pic attached. Now, I feel like I can make some educated guesses on which one is which for wiring to a winch, but I figured it wouldn’t hurt to post something hoping someone else has used this OEM switch on an aftermarket winch. Any help would be appreciated!

View attachment 352938
You aren't going to believe this, but earlier today I watched a video on that switch and how it's wired. I was fascinated with it because that OEM switch lights up and I would like to find more of those large Honda OEM switches so I don't have to have my cab light on riding at night or install a small LED to illuminate the dash. Check this out below, you got this!

D

Darby

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2016
Salem, Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I purchased this switch, but can't figure out how to get any LED's inside the switch to actually "light up"... I've run positive and negative to each of the leads to try and see a light on... to no avail. Anybody have any experience with these?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I purchased this switch, but can't figure out how to get any LED's inside the switch to actually "light up"... I've run positive and negative to each of the leads to try and see a light on... to no avail. Anybody have any experience with these?
Yes, This is LED power ONLY.
White with the black strip is positive.
White with the blue stripe is negative.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!