Honda Pioneer demo day, Michigan Sate Fair

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
Got a chance to see the P1K5 at the Michigan State fair yesterday. Although the Website showed Sept 4th as the demo day date, they were just setting up their site when I arrived so I could not take the 1000 for a test ride, It was also blocked in by other ATV,s and sxs.
I did get a chance to sit in it, much roomier than the 700. The shocks are definitely beefier. The rears are huge, probably to support the auto leveling on the P5. The fronts look like 2.0 with progressive springs.

The most exciting part of the unit was the customization of the front end. Very classy!!
Thank you @JACKAL
20150904 122213
20150904 122537
20150904 122959

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JACKAL and Hondasxs
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Wow, that front end looks amazing. Thanks for the pictures and your first impression feedback... Was it enough to add a P1k to your list?
Cant wait till I get some seat time.
Thanks.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@Springer & @Hondasxs Thanks for the mention. That Pioneer 1000 with the sticker I applied in IL may make this forum famous if it continues on it's rounds :D

Thanks again for sharing your opinion and posting the pics. :cool:

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
I was very surprised to see that bumper sticker, I thought they would have removed it. Just had to take a pic and share ! We will have to keep an eye on the machine and see where it travels to. On a side note, I took a picture of the serial number showing that this one is the 43rd off the line. It would be interesting to see if it ever makes it into general population.

I really wanted to drive it, but have too many family things going on so I won't be going back to the fair this weekend.
Can't wait to hear some more real world reviews.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
@Springer & @Hondasxs Thanks for the mention. That Pioneer 1000 with the sticker I applied in IL may make this forum famous if it continues on it's rounds :D

You guys should be careful.
When they find that bumper sticker Honda might assign someone to keep an eye on the site.
Who knows, they might even black list Hondasxs or make sure his P1k was the last one made on a Friday.
(personally, I would have submitted the picture as my ROTM entry).

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
hahaha...
@JACKAL has just made that the most famous Pioneer Honda has. #43.
If it was up to me, I would move that one to the Honda hall of fame. lol.

Who's going to HUSKER HARVEST DAYS Sept 15&16 in Wood River, NE

Reactions: JACKAL
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
You guys should be careful.
When they find that bumper sticker Honda might assign someone to keep an eye on the site.
Who knows, they might even black list Hondasxs or make sure his P1k was the last one made on a Friday.
(personally, I would have submitted the picture as my ROTM entry).
We will take all the attention we can get. No such thing as bad publicity

The last Honda I owned that was made on a Friday was the fastest thing I ever slung a leg over. It was a 1986 ATC 250r. Thanks to some help from Bruce Ogilvie (RIP) that thing would scream. It's a shame we have to get old.

Luketheduke

Luketheduke

Sep 1, 2015
Washington state
Anyone know of any dealerships in the Northwest that are having demo days for the pioneer 1000-5, would be great to see one in person...

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Anyone know of any dealerships in the Northwest that are having demo days for the pioneer 1000-5, would be great to see one in person...

Here is a link to all upcoming Honda SXS events, currently nothing close to you but it can change:

Honda Powersports Events

advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Man you weren't kidding, nothing close by at all, going to be tough waiting till they hit dealership floors for sure!

Shouldn't be that bad only another 4 to 6 weeks. I've been waiting on Honda to build this SXS for 5 years, now its juuust around the corner. :D

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!