Calendar HondaSXS Club Ride Pioneers on the Paiute Sep. 21st-24th 2018... [Sep 21, 2018] (Marysvale, UT)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Was just informed that my daughters friend is sick and her plan of staying with her this weekend failed.
I guess it was naive on my behalf to make a plan on such short notice but everything was looking good. We can’t leave her behind so unfortunately we are out on this trip. Have lots of fun there is lots of good company there to enjoy and drink one for me at 12000 ft. Was excited to meet many people there and see some old friends. Will catch you all next opportunity!

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
For Saturday group ride meet at Pavilion by 10a.m. Will have a couple of options, big machines will go West and North to see Freemont Indian Museum and canyon wall Petroglyphs then back to camp on a shorter 40 mile loop with the option to take Trail 77 scenic loop an additional 27 miles or not. First loop about 4 hours, second loop about 2.5 hours.

Also if enough interest by P500 and ATV riders, @UtahJeff may take a special loop for machines 50" or less. If you are over 50" at all you will NOT fit through the gates.

Hope everyone is having a great time.

Don't forget catered meal at 6:30 PM in the Pavilion. On the menu:

Smoked Turkey
Smoked Pulled Pork
Baked Beans
Coleslaw
Scones

Several nice door prizes to raffle away from local Honda dealer in Richfield UT and other businesses all thanks to @UtahJeff

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Doing the Tip Top Loop today, meeting at 10 a.m. by the Pavilion, it's the third on list below, spectacular views and terrain. Shorter ride than previous 2 days. Optional visit into Freemont Indian Museum $4 fee, if desired.
Screenshot 20180904 085525 Drive

Full

advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
If we have a 50" group and a 500 has a spare seat. I would like to ride!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Our local guide called me at 8 am, he is unable to lead a 50" only trail ride today, Join us for Tip Top loop or explore on your own.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
You boys look dusty, any lessons learned.
Make sure you have a dust mask of some sort. Maybe purchasing one of those Wolfsnout systems or similar would be a good investment. Have goggles, hat, sunscreen, and plenty of water! Then go enjoy your day!

VenturaChuck

VenturaChuck

Apr 22, 2016
Ventura, CA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For those getting up and around this Sunday morning have had a few requests to see the Trail 77 scenic loop with the 3 unmarked side trails to (A) Hennessy point, (B) a very remote cabin and gold mine on a challenging side path, and (C) Alumite ridge with old mining equipment and abandoned cabins. This was done on Friday by about half the attendees, if you missed it and want to see it, or see it again meet at the campground Pavilion by 10AM and I will take whoever shows up. Just a tease of what you will see. Pack a lunch, not a long distance ride (about 40 miles) but will take time due to stops for pictures, etc.

View attachment 87908 View attachment 87909 View attachment 87910 View attachment 87911 View attachment 87912
View attachment 87913

I REALLY regret not making this ride....

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
JCMINIS

JCMINIS

Dec 19, 2017
Canton nc
Ownership

1. 500
I would first like to thank the organizers, and then I would like to apologize for bombing on you all. We rode the trails for 2 6-10 hr days (mon-tues) including some 50" trails but decided to go back to moab. Stayed in alot of blm land so 1st chance I have had to post as we are mid kansas heading home. Again my apologies if we messed anything up with the catered meal or whatnot, just wasnt our type of riding (plus a few camp ground issues but never mind that). Ill post some of our pics when home.

41801847 10217177671854585 3487608062481530880 n

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I would first like to thank the organizers, and then I would like to apologize for bombing on you all. We rode the trails for 2 6-10 hr days (mon-tues) including some 50" trails but decided to go back to moab. Stayed in alot of blm land so 1st chance I have had to post as we are mid kansas heading home. Again my apologies if we messed anything up with the catered meal or whatnot, just wasnt our type of riding (plus a few camp ground issues but never mind that). Ill post some of our pics when home.

View attachment 87981
No apologies necessary, it's a free country. There's so many options for riding opportunity in the area can't blame someone for going with a different spot. I explained first post that this would entail what a lot consider gravel roads, with 3 million acres that's just part of it vs. being on dirt trails within a minute from your parking back East. The dust was brutal, and spacing way apart is the only method to combat it. That aside once you get up into the mountains there is some great trails, some pretty challenging, but the best of it is all 50" or less gated access. Still found some nice areas every size machine could access throughout. I billed this as a scenic ride not a technical trail ride first post, so I hope no one skipped reading the details and felt misled on what to expect .

Those that spent the time here on the Paiute Trails really got to see some great stuff especially on Saturday and Sunday.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!