educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Hey all,
I've read through posts, threads, etc... And still need some assistance. I'm planning on doing an aux battery in the same way @CumminsPusher explained in a thread. Here is what I have ordered.
1. Battery
C8d14b87e416486b6e2bd53fa3bae86a
2. Isolator
9414efaf52acf38e7d17029792356bcc
3. Relay thingy (told you I need help)
6546f7bf2f501e5d7fbcd55b2612c2c7
4. Switches from OTRATTW

I have a good idea as to how this setup will work and hook up to the batteries. But I don't know how my accessories will hook up to this. Am I missing anything in terms of materials? Wire etc...

I'm looking at light bars and work lights. With what I already have, do I need to purchase their wiring harness, fuse/relay kits? Do I need additional wire?

I apologize for all the questions. I have no experience with this stuff but I do want to do it so I know how it works.
If there are any resources you can direct me to, I would appreciate it. I'm sure I'm making this harder than it really is but I do t want to have my pile of goodies ready to be installed only to realize I'm missing pieces.
Thanks in advance.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
that battery while an energy dense battery is not designed for the kind of vibration you will see off-road, its gonna die a rapid death.

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
that battery while an energy dense battery is not designed for the kind of vibration you will see off-road, its gonna die a rapid death.
That's not good. What type of battery should I be looking for?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
An AGM or lithium designed for off road use. There are many out there.

Lithium ion is much smaller and lighter weight than a lead based battery, but they come with a premium price.

Dallas

Dallas

Nov 15, 2015
NorCal
I got all my stuff yesterday as well...hoping to at least get the battery and isolator installed tomorrow.

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got all my stuff yesterday as well...hoping to at least get the battery and isolator installed tomorrow.

I too am about to place a second battery and isolator. Where here have you decided to mount your isolator?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!