William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yesterday I went and looked at a new deer camp. The 700-4 is a kid machine... Had two adults and three kids riding around comfortably... Now that I have put some ride time/usage in on the 700, I have really started to enjoy it. For one, the extremely long first gear is unbeatable as far as hunting and working! When I’m in the woods I find it stays in first gear most of the time. Carrying lumber it doesn’t downshift and shift the load. I am really starting to see that it does have some advantages over the 1000... I think the only advantage the 1000 has is power and being quiet... With my kids the 700 front seat works great as a three seater also!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I ended up putting a “Silent Rider” muffler silencer on. I would say it cut the engine noise inside about 50%. I can actually talk to the passenger now. I think it’s was $250

I put one on the P5 for about an hour and took it off. Stunk like hell and robbed the machine of power.

Reactions: Deluxe700
S

Sparkplug

Oct 1, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Good day to all!, I'm new to this have been looking to buy a P700 I like the machine, but do not like the insurance cost they quoted me $683 a year at $250 deductable, I have been with them for a long time with no claims any thoughts? Thanks.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hi Sparkplug. Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately that is about what I was quoted. Some of the guys have found cheaper insurance but I haven't so far.

S

Sparkplug

Oct 1, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hi Sparkplug. Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately that is about what I was quoted. Some of the guys have found cheaper insurance but I haven't so far.
Thanks Gator! I really like machine, I'm in the woods everyday and this will be nice to help with harvesting trees. Take care.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good day to all!, I'm new to this have been looking to buy a P700 I like the machine, but do not like the insurance cost they quoted me $683 a year at $250 deductable, I have been with them for a long time with no claims any thoughts? Thanks.
Where are you in Ohio? What company quoted you that number? I can give you my guys info, But $683 doesn't seem to bad, depending on what they quoted.

S

Sparkplug

Oct 1, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Where are you in Ohio? What company quoted you that number? I can give you my guys info, But $683 doesn't seem to bad, depending on what they quoted.
I live in Northeast Ohio, State farm is my insurance. Insurance companies have you with this so called bundling. They list side by side as ( Dune Buggy ) lol, thanks.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How far are you from Willoughby? I have an agent that has been fantastic. He is a rider as well(rzr) , and knows how to quote these.
I just checked my policy. $410 a year, $100 comp deduct, $500 collision, mine has street plates, so it is fully insured, has towing etc.

Reactions: Sparkplug
S

Sparkplug

Oct 1, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
How far are you from Willoughby? I have an agent that has been fantastic. He is a rider as well(rzr) , and knows how to quote these.
I just checked my policy. $410 a year, $100 comp deduct, $500 collision, mine has street plates, so it is fully insured, has towing etc.
I'm only 30 minutes from Willoughby. The Honda dealership is in mentor where I am looking.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do yourself a favor and skip Western Reserve Honda.
Make the drive to Erie to Offroad Express or Middlefield to Just for fun.
I purchased mine from them(WRH), every time I have tried to order parts, or get my machine in for product campaigns, they seem to have zero interest in taking care of me. I have been less than impressed with the service side of the dealership.

Reactions: Sparkplug
William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have really started to appreciate the smoothness of the 700 transmission and the long first gear. Now I really think Honda nailed it. For work and casual riding the long first gear is great! If you’re carrying a load you don’t have to worry about the shift jarring or moving the load. And from a stop the trans engages so smooth upon takeoff... I am really liking my decision on buying the 700... It is serving me well.

S

Sparkplug

Oct 1, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have really started to appreciate the smoothness of the 700 transmission and the long first gear. Now I really think Honda nailed it. For work and casual riding the long first gear is great! If you’re carrying a load you don’t have to worry about the shift jarring or moving the load. And from a stop the trans engages so smooth upon takeoff... I am really liking my decision on buying the 700... It is serving me well.
Thanks for the feedback William, have a great day.

Reactions: William
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
You’re absolutely right about the long gear, William. At first I was skeptical about the 3-speed. Now with some seat time, I appreciate it. Super smooth!

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the feedback William, have a great day.
It started great!

55C9FCA8 64B5 43E2 B598 9B1C92B2E060 A0C40F3A 4C09 4927 9D5E 6C43B8A8D28A

C

CWL23

Mar 31, 2019
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm with state farm mine is 31 dollars a month.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm with State Farm and my agent quoted me $65 a month. Hmmmmmm!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!