P1000 I4wd stuck axle help! Help! Help!

M

Mullet Hunter

Jun 20, 2021
Pensacola Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
2017 1000/3 need help! Hit a stump front passenger axle popped out and torn the frame tab. Front diff fluid ran out of axle hosing. I lined up the front end welded the torn part up, added gussets to strengthen. Slid the axle back in and buttoned it back up. That’s when I noticed the axle wasn’t seating up all the way. After hours of frustration I come to the forum wizards asking for help. At this point I have managed to get the axle stuck on the differential side and it will not come loose. How do I get the axle out of the differential. After yanking on the axle has separated. Being the genius that I am and not knowing any better I cut t,he boot off both ends and now the ring end of the axle will not come out. I ordered new Rhino 2.0 axles for it nut I need help in getting the old axle end from the differential. Please help! Also is there anything else I will need to get things back together other than the axles. This is driving me nuts and I really need my machine. I do not ride mud,water , or bog it out at all. I use my machine to operate my small farm and really need help getting this thing back together. Thanks!

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
2017 1000/3 need help! Hit a stump front passenger axle popped out and torn the frame tab. Front diff fluid ran out of axle hosing. I lined up the front end welded the torn part up, added gussets to strengthen. Slid the axle back in and buttoned it back up. That’s when I noticed the axle wasn’t seating up all the way. After hours of frustration I come to the forum wizards asking for help. At this point I have managed to get the axle stuck on the differential side and it will not come loose. How do I get the axle out of the differential. After yanking on the axle has separated. Being the genius that I am and not knowing any better I cut t,he boot off both ends and now the ring end of the axle will not come out. I ordered new Rhino 2.0 axles for it nut I need help in getting the old axle end from the differential. Please help! Also is there anything else I will need to get things back together other than the axles. This is driving me nuts and I really need my machine. I do not ride mud,water , or bog it out at all. I use my machine to operate my small farm and really need help getting this thing back together. Thanks!
Try using a slide hammer clamped to the drive cup.

Reactions: CID
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, superATV makes a slide hammer pull designed for this. It's about $150 or you can look at the design and fab one up yourself.

That being said, I've always been able to pop them with a long crowbar in between the diff and CV.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If all else fails, take the other axle out and use a punch or something to knock out the stuck axle.

Reactions: 906UP
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Some automotive stores rent tools, maybe you can rent a slide hammer.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Secure the machine to a vehicle and use a come a long or chain hoist and yank it out

Not sure why u would buy Chinese axles that are not as good as Honda OEM axles - must be cheaper

Reactions: ODAMO and Remington