P500 Idaho Desert build

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 89195 View attachment 89196 View attachment 89195Told the wife I had to make use of the factory tires before they dry rotted out. Should of waited untill it was finished before posting but the 12vlt hydraulic pump is on back order. And waiting for the 3500lb warn winch to arrive as well. My new retrieval slash utility trailer.
That is an awesome looking utility trailer you have there, how much does it weigh I'm always concerned with the capacity of my P500. ;)

Reactions: Stacy
Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
That is an awesome looking utility trailer you have there, how much does it weigh I'm always concerned with the capacity of my P500. ;)
It’s not to bad, it is fabricated out of a lot of aluminum. Minus where the ram is. The 12vlt pump and winch will add a little. But she will do fine. My pioneer has a little extra weight from most.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
My pioneer has a little extra weight from most
Lol, you think. Good thing you’re not a mechanic, you’d probably be putting a cam in that motor or something. Btw, did mama believe that saving two stock tires worth $100.00 if you stretch it was worth the money and time to build that nice little trailer? :D:D:D

Reactions: Dp5hunter and Stacy
Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Lol, you think. Good thing you’re not a mechanic, you’d probably be putting a cam in that motor or something. Btw, did mama believe that saving two stock tires worth $100.00 if you stretch it was worth the money and time to build that nice little trailer? :D:D:D
Lol, over the years she reads me like a book. Her eyes kind of lit up when i mentioned land scaping uses. (Not sure what I was thinking their). I know it will prove useful. I can’t wait to drag a bull up into it with minimal back equity involved. I will definitely have to get a picture of that.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I sure do like you trailer concept. They say that necessity is the mother of invention, and you sure have invented a wonderful rig. To me the utv is worth its wait in gold, just for the easy of getting out down game. We shot a cow a couple of years ago and used your theory to our advantage. We flopped the bed down on the 700, throw the winch line over the front and middle roll bars and winched her right in the back. Easiest elk we've hauled out in 30 years.

Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I sure do like you trailer concept. They say that necessity is the mother of invention, and you sure have invented a wonderful rig. To me the utv is worth its wait in gold, just for the easy of getting out down game. We shot a cow a couple of years ago and used your theory to our advantage. We flopped the bed down on the 700, throw the winch line over the front and middle roll bars and winched her right in the back. Easiest elk we've hauled out in 30 years.
Thanks tjoreo, I am sure it will prove priceless for what I do. Your retrivial sound like ingenuity at its best!.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
advertisement
Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
VERY impressive. He was well worth the back panel. I would have actually tried to permanently mount him on the back of your machine for everyone to see. But then he would make the 500 way wider then 50". I'll definitely take a look at him hanging in Sportsman's.
Not sure if you caught the bull in Sportsmans? But he did win the big bull contest. Super cool.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I stood in awe of all those magnificent bulls hanging there. There diffidently were a couple that stood out, but I didn't put 2 and 2 together. Had to do a little facebook stalking but your family and you had a very successful year in the outdoors. Keep up the good work and I'm counting down the 2 years I can be out with my oldest. Cherish the time. Hope to see you on the hill somewhere.

Idahotruckman

Idahotruckman

Feb 15, 2021
Boise, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Probably should of waited until tomorrow to post the first of my build threads, but most of the powder coated pieces I built were done tonight and Im super happy with my bumper mod, should of waited till good light to take a decent photo but this kind of gives you the idea. And is a little different. Hope I got this posted in the right section.View attachment 11884
Holy smokes! That machine is incredible! I have the same color 2020. It will never look as nice. Dude,you really have a talent!
Grew up in Buhl on a farm and lived in Twin. Perhaps I will see you near Porcupine Springs some day. Anyway, great job!

Reactions: trigger and Raghorn
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Holy smokes! That machine is incredible! I have the same color 2020. It will never look as nice. Dude,you really have a talent!
Grew up in Buhl on a farm and lived in Twin. Perhaps I will see you near Porcupine Springs some day. Anyway, great job!
We haven’t seen him on here in a couple years. Wonder what he’s been up to and what his P5 looks like now....?

Reactions: Raghorn and trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!