P1000 Kfi fairlead

S

Serial_Fordicator

Oct 14, 2015
I ordered the wrong winch (cable) and am now unstalling a synthetic rope on it. I noticed everywhere I read says not to use roller fairleads with synthetic rope but their synthetic winches come from kfi with roller fairlead.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
You just don't want to run a synthetic cable on a roller fairlead AFTER a cable has been run on it. As long as the fairlead is new and the rollers unscratched you can use the roller fairlead. Or you can get the matching aluminum fairlead, which model do you have I will post a link for it.

S

Serial_Fordicator

Oct 14, 2015
You just don't want to run a synthetic cable on a roller fairlead AFTER a cable has been run on it. As long as the fairlead is new and the rollers unscratched you can use the roller fairlead. Or you can get the matching aluminum fairlead, which model do you have I will post a link for it.
I've ordered a hawse fairlead alreadybut i have a friend who has the kfi stealth synthetic. Im using the u4500

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I've ordered a hawse fairlead alreadybut i have a friend who has the kfi stealth synthetic. Im using the u4500

My KFI Stealth 3500 has a roller fairlead that came with the synthetic cable, use it on my P500 no problem:

20150812 094540

Reactions: Serial_Fordicator
S

Serial_Fordicator

Oct 14, 2015
My KFI Stealth 3500 has a roller fairlead that came with the synthetic cable, use it on my P500 no problem:

View attachment 9047
Thats the exact winch my friend runs on his ranger. I noticed his rollers but ive noticed a few scratches on my rollers after using it once.

d_b

d_b

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 24, 2015
Utah
Take your rollers off and polish out any scratches and you should be fine.

S

Serial_Fordicator

Oct 14, 2015
I may do that. The only reason I would even consider keeping it on instead of the hawse is the extreme angle that the winch line is in.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!