gobblerhuntr

gobblerhuntr

Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2022
TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
There is more to it. Push and hold it.
You sir are my new hero! I just thought I pushed and held it long enough the other night. Sure nuff if you hold it long enough it will let you set a low and hi limit for whatever reason. I set the low at 11.5 and high at 17. We will see what happens. Hopefully that helps some other newbie that doesn’t know.

J

John Mc

Lifetime Member
Jan 10, 2023
Vermont
Ownership

1. 520
You sir are my new hero! I just thought I pushed and held it long enough the other night. Sure nuff if you hold it long enough it will let you set a low and hi limit for whatever reason. I set the low at 11.5 and high at 17. We will see what happens. Hopefully that helps some other newbie that doesn’t know.
11.5 is seriously low for a 12 V battery: for a flooded lead acid battery at rest, 12.6+ is full and 12.2 volts is a 50% state of discharge. (AGM batteries tend to run 0.1 - 0.2 V higher) You really don't want to run them below 50% state of charge if you can avoid it. The deeper you cycle them, the more it shortens their life. 17 volts is high enough to damage the battery.

gobblerhuntr

gobblerhuntr

Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2022
TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
11.5 is seriously low for a 12 V battery: for a flooded lead acid battery at rest, 12.6+ is full and 12.2 volts is a 50% state of discharge. (AGM batteries tend to run 0.1 - 0.2 V higher) You really don't want to run them below 50% state of charge if you can avoid it. The deeper you cycle them, the more it shortens their life. 17 volts is high enough to damage the battery.
I agree with you. But I don’t want a Lo or Hi message popping up. If the battery is sluggish starting I will jump right on it and find out why. And I prolly need to adjust the hi setting to 15 or so. It shouldn’t charge more than 14.5 or so. I’ll play with it and get it dialed in.

Reactions: Remington and TxDoc
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Lol.. I knew it was something like that.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I agree with you. But I don’t want a Lo or Hi message popping up. If the battery is sluggish starting I will jump right on it and find out why. And I prolly need to adjust the hi setting to 15 or so. It shouldn’t charge more than 14.5 or so. I’ll play with it and get it dialed in.
it has officially turned into an engineering project - lol

gobblerhuntr

gobblerhuntr

Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2022
TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
it has officially turned into an engineering project - lol

lol. That’s what Ido for a living.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: CID
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
lol. That’s what Ido for a living.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hear ya, I’ve done controls/plc engineering forever, just got a 450hp VFAC drive started up, so last thing I want is basic electrical issues, our mantra at work is always “don’t make an engineering project out of it” - engineers take too long and complicate it - lol

• Haha
Reactions: Scoop and CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!