P700 Looking for a little lift and stance

M

Mosco11

Jul 23, 2021
Fort Worth, TX
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey Guys (and Gals). Just purchased a 2021 700-4 a week or two ago and here is my experience so far. Great riding on trails, good with some mud. The issue is I have found myself needing that extra inch or two for clearance and needing the extra width to provide a little more stability. From what I have read so far on here a lot of guys are upgrading to 27in tires so that has lead me to look at Tusk Terrabites 27-11-14 size tires. Is that good for all four wheels? and will it provide the extra life/stability I am looking for? How much extra height will I actually gain with going to 27's?

I should add all my riding is in Texas, lot of rocks and gravel roads in my area for riding.
(Pic for attention)

Truck with sxs Girls outdoors

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hey Guys (and Gals). Just purchased a 2021 700-4 a week or two ago and here is my experience so far. Great riding on trails, good with some mud. The issue is I have found myself needing that extra inch or two for clearance and needing the extra width to provide a little more stability. From what I have read so far on here a lot of guys are upgrading to 27in tires so that has lead me to look at Tusk Terrabites 27-11-14 size tires. Is that good for all four wheels? and will it provide the extra life/stability I am looking for? How much extra height will I actually gain with going to 27's?

I should add all my riding is in Texas, lot of rocks and gravel roads in my area for riding.
(Pic for attention)

View attachment 286444 View attachment 286445
Shocks really help the P7's especially in the rear

Reactions: Backwoods
livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2

(Pic for attention)

View attachment 286444 View attachment 286445

27s will give you about 1.5" lift without pucks. I have 9s up front and 11s in the back without issues. A lot of folks run 11s all the way around.

Welcome to the forums!

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
What shocks do you recommend?
any of the big names like fox elka walker evans. There is a guy on here using some fairly inexpensive bronco brand shocks. If you can find them the best dollar for dollar is to find some off of a 2012 and up Can Am commander. Commander shocks will also give 2.5 inches of lift

Reactions: Smitty335
Hickstrong

Hickstrong

Aug 19, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Shock spacers make it ride like crap, i did the can am swap. Fir the price It really improves the ride. 2" wheel spacers help add leverage to the suspension by lengenthing. I have heard complaints about even 27" loosing low end power. I'm still on 25" bc I tow heavy on hills

M

Mosco11

Jul 23, 2021
Fort Worth, TX
Ownership

1. 700-4
Did you buy the can am shocks new? I have a 2021 700-4 and haven’t been able to find any can AMS. Used.

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
The ones I had were very low hr of a 2015. You just have to keep looking and they will pop up if you have the patience. The bronco might be an option but I dont beleive you going to gain any lift. Then you would add something like a bracket lift. I like the bracket lift better than preloading the shock

M

Mosco11

Jul 23, 2021
Fort Worth, TX
Ownership

1. 700-4
The ones I had were very low hr of a 2015. You just have to keep looking and they will pop up if you have the patience. The bronco might be an option but I dont beleive you going to gain any lift. Then you would add something like a bracket lift. I like the bracket lift better than preloading the shock
If you had the choice would you pick, Elka stage 1, Fox Podium or the Can Ams?

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
For the money the can am are the way to go unless you go to a least elka stage 2. The stage one are just not of difference for the money. The one they they do have going for them is they are serviceable. The stock shocks absolutely suck

Hickstrong

Hickstrong

Aug 19, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Did you buy the can am shocks new? I have a 2021 700-4 and haven’t been able to find any can AMS. Used.
I bought them used on FB marketplace for $150 front and back, they leak a little but still ride great. PM me for bushing info I had the poly bushing info given to me by another member

North-Fl-outsooorsman

North-Fl-outsooorsman

Apr 5, 2021
Panama city fl
Ownership

1. 700-4
Check out my profile and my YouTube channel, I just put the strong made lift on , pbr front shock spacers and running 28in bits, North Florida Outdoorsman yt

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!