P700 Moose Snow Plow Modifications

Cessna 150-150

Cessna 150-150

May 15, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I bought a new 2021 700-2D with a 72" Moose plow 10 months ago and haven't used the plow yet due to a lack of snow but I'm locked and loaded.

Based on reviews and recommendations on YouTube, I did three (3) modifications:

1. I removed the standard U shaped pick up point and installed a pulley system.

2. I installed a 6' section of 2" PVC pipe on the leading edge of the scrapper section of the plow.

3. I installed a 6' X 2" X 2" piece of aluminum angle and mounted it on top so the sheet of rubber is sandwiched between it and the top of the plow. This allowed me to discard the fender washers which eliminated the buckling of the rubber and it also afforded me a place to install the vertical reference poles.

The pulley system makes sense as it raises the angle of the pick up point which should make life easier on the winch, the fairlead and the synthetic rope when I raise and lower the plow.

The PVC pipe? I guess the jury is still out on that but if it works and survives the punishment, it should help to protect the scrapper section of the blade not to mention my concrete driveway.......we shall see how it goes but I'm anxious to try it all out.

IMG 0013 IMG 0017 IMG 0020 IMG 0018 IMG 0021

Reactions: Buggyman
Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
I bought a new 2021 700-2D with a 72" Moose plow 10 months ago and haven't used the plow yet due to a lack of snow but I'm locked and loaded.

2. I installed a 6' section of 2" PVC pipe on the leading edge of the scrapper section of the plow.

3. I installed a 6' X 2" X 2" piece of aluminum angle and mounted it on top so the sheet of rubber is sandwiched between it and the top of the plow. This allowed me to discard the fender washers which eliminated the buckling of the rubber and it also afforded me a place to install the vertical reference poles.

The pulley system makes sense as it raises the angle of the pick up point which should make life easier on the winch, the fairlead and the synthetic rope when I raise and lower the plow.

The PVC pipe? I guess the jury is still out on that but if it works and survives the punishment, it should help to protect the scrapper section of the blade not to mention my concrete driveway.......we shall see how it goes but I'm anxious to try it all out.

View attachment 315876 View attachment 315877 View attachment 315878 View attachment 315879 View attachment 315880
looks good. can you still lift the pin to change angle with the pully, looks close in the picture but maybe just the angle the picture was taken. you said your drive is concrete IMO you might want to go without the pvc on the blade I think the guys that use that setup are doing gravel and trying to keep from digging up all their rock and dirt. hope you get a chance to use it the pioneer plows well. I have had enough of the snow crap for this year. enjoy your machine and have fun.

Reactions: trigger
Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2

View attachment 315876 View attachment 315877 View attachment 315878 View attachment 315879 View attachment 315880
looks good. can you still lift the pin to change angle with the pully, looks close in the picture but maybe just the angle the picture was taken. you said your drive is concrete IMO you might want to go without the pvc on the blade I think the guys that use that setup are doing gravel and trying to keep from digging up all their rock and dirt. hope you get a chance to use it the pioneer plows well. I have had enough of the snow crap for this year. enjoy your machine and have fun.

PXL 20220125 013645741PXL 20220125 012228217 PXL 20220125 012150716 PXL 20220125 012145239

Cessna 150-150

Cessna 150-150

May 15, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
looks good. can you still lift the pin to change angle with the pulley,

you said your drive is concrete IMO you might want to go without the pvc on the blade I think the guys that use that setup are doing gravel and trying to keep from digging up all their rock and dirt.

Yes sir, the pivot locking pin is still workable so I'm golden on that one. I saw on youtube that, like you said, the PVC pipe mod is used mostly on gravel but since I've never plowed before, I thought I'd give it a shot on my concrete and see how it works? I figured I had very little to lose? I'm really anxious to give it a whirl.

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yes sir, the pivot locking pin is still workable so I'm golden on that one. I saw on youtube that, like you said, the PVC pipe mod is used mostly on gravel but since I've never plowed before, I thought I'd give it a shot on my concrete and see how it works? I figured I had very little to lose? I'm really anxious to give it a whirl.
good deal. it's fun for a while we have about 2' on the ground right now and it's -1 outside. I hope you get a chance to go out and have some fun. an after thought but if your worried about the scraper on your concrete I believe there is a poly scraper available.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!