My New 500

R

racoonalou

Aug 2, 2014
Got ours 3 days ago. Traded my 2000 Rancher 350 in and loaded a new red Pioneer into the old Ford. This is the most fun I have had since buying the Rancher. My Rancher had the ESP shifting so getting use to the paddles was a breeze. Seems very stable even with a couple 250+ riders on board. Corners well, and seems very stable. I thought it would be a bit tippy but not the case. Also climbs as well as my Rancher in the usual places I ride. It will go 41mph according to digital speedo, and that is plenty fast for my needs. Seems like it is really going faster than that. Any way if your looking for a fun little SxS this works great for my needs. Tows the 4x8 trailer around the farm alot better than the old Rancher(4878 mi.) did around the place in the last 15 yrs. It is alot easer backing the trailer with a steering wheel vs. handle bars. I think this will work out real well around here.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Racoonalou, welcome to the Honda SxS Community. Thanks for the report on it being stable. That was one of my concerns with the 500. But I'm sure it's all in learning the limits and knowing how it handles.
Would love to see some pictures of it out and about when you get a chance.
If you need help with anything be sure to hit us up. Thanks.

B

birdman

Jul 20, 2014
Good to hear from someone that has purchased and ridden their new 500. I have been in the market for a side by side for some time now. The town I live in (Berlin, N.H.) has decided to go from "hockey town" to atv town and have made it legal to ride atv's on the streets to access the vast trail system northern N.H. has to offer. I test drove a 500 two weeks ago and was so impressed that I have one on deposit at my local dealer. I was concerned about the noise but found it to be very quiet and I feel that the power of the thing is all I need. I wanted something that me and my wife could enjoy for many years and have become very confident about Honda reliability. Keep the real reviews coming and I cant wait to post my own .

O

onlyhonda

Oct 2, 2013
Love mine too racoonalou! This is exactly what I've been waiting for from Honda. My 2012 rancher had 12 hours on it when I sold it 2 months ago. My p5 has 12 and it's 3 weeks old. Even the wife (who hates shifting) loves the pioneer 500.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!