P500 Official Honda Pioneer 500 Accessory Bags...why doesn't it fit right?

R

Rob2218

Nov 6, 2023
edgewater florida
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 500
So...folks..my son's gifted me for Christmas this Honda Pioneer 500 official accessory bags. Now..it reads on the box..."for Honda Pioneer 500 model 2015" but.....aren't all Honda pioneer 500 from when they made them up (I have a 2019)...aren't they all the same? Meaning the tubular steel frame...aren't they all the same diameter?????

Cause those velcro straps as well as the loop straps that feed thru the buckle are extremely short and difficult to get on.......especially the velcro 3 straps in the middle and on the right and left top of this bag...they are horrible to strap on and the velcro barely has enough length to grip around the tube...Have any of you all had this issue with these official 'Honda Pioneer Accessory bags"?

HONDA PIONEER500 ACCESS BAGS

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I'm not aware of any changes on the 500 as for cage or ROPS or frame-wise, Outside the 520, of course. But still, I think it has the same ROPS structure.
IDK. sorry.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
So...folks..my son's gifted me for Christmas this Honda Pioneer 500 official accessory bags. Now..it reads on the box..."for Honda Pioneer 500 model 2015" but.....aren't all Honda pioneer 500 from when they made them up (I have a 2019)...aren't they all the same? Meaning the tubular steel frame...aren't they all the same diameter?????

Cause those velcro straps as well as the loop straps that feed thru the buckle are extremely short and difficult to get on.......especially the velcro 3 straps in the middle and on the right and left top of this bag...they are horrible to strap on and the velcro barely has enough length to grip around the tube...Have any of you all had this issue with these official 'Honda Pioneer Accessory bags"?

View attachment 412893
Any Honda signature item with straps with vinyl for all of my rigs have been a complete whore to put on. Its just the nature of the beast. I think they are counting on stretching over time and hoping to keep the sag out.
Keep working on it and enjoy the new volger language you will learn while doing it!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

View attachment 412893
The only difference in the rops that I know of is the gussets in the corners but that shouldn't have any bearing on where that bag mounts. Unclamp the roof and push it up out of the way maybe?

R

Rob2218

Nov 6, 2023
edgewater florida
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 500
thanks for the responses. Yes...its a freakin' whore those straps from a supposedly "Honda official Accessory" department. The straps are way too small in length. Barely grabs the velcro on the other side and those pass-thru strap loops...hubboy...another nightmare.

R

Rob2218

Nov 6, 2023
edgewater florida
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 500
what I did was buy these Home Depot cargo gear ties. Ya know the ones....those black or sometimes come in fluorecent green or orange, wire type bendies with a rubber cover on them and a bulbus tip....had to buy a few of those to wrap and tie that (ahem) so called Honda accessory bag to the horizontal rail of the 500.

• Sad
Reactions: CID
KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
I have one on mine and it was a pain to put on. Love mine and it is full of gear, will never take it off as i don't want to go through that nightmare again.

R

Rob2218

Nov 6, 2023
edgewater florida
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 500
That mirror is hilarious! 😆
believe it or not....it's angled just right to see as much of the back as possible. Before the mirror was useless but not..since it's a bit tilted downward............you can see a little better the rear of the bed area...it's not perfect and its not a car mirror for sure...but it works fine for my needs.

advertisement
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
believe it or not....it's angled just right to see as much of the back as possible. Before the mirror was useless but not..since it's a bit tilted downward............you can see a little better the rear of the bed area...it's not perfect and its not a car mirror for sure...but it works fine for my needs.
As long as you're happy with it, that's all that matters. I went through a couple rear views and ended up with the Honda one. Modified it to sit out further and down where it was more like a car, it still sucked and I only put it on in the summer to hold the fuzzy dice. Just an FYI though, the side mirrors are far more useful.

R

Rob2218

Nov 6, 2023
edgewater florida
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 500
As long as you're happy with it, that's all that matters. I went through a couple rear views and ended up with the Honda one. Modified it to sit out further and down where it was more like a car, it still sucked and I only put it on in the summer to hold the fuzzy dice. Just an FYI though, the side mirrors are far more useful.
Agreed. Sidemirrors are way indeed more useful. Can you show me/send me the Honda spec rear view mirror. Just to compare. It's all good. It works, its fine....for now and, well, I enjoy the storage in the front vs. behind my head.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Agreed. Sidemirrors are way indeed more useful. Can you show me/send me the Honda spec rear view mirror. Just to compare. It's all good. It works, its fine....for now and, well, I enjoy the storage in the front vs. behind my head.
I have my cargo bag on the front bar as well. The Honda spec mirror doesn't look or fit any better than what you have really. That front bar is just up too high and too far back for a mirror to sit right. Here's what I did, incorporated the center roof clamp into it. It comes with one anyway but I have way too much crap on that front bar as it is.

Mirror

R

Rob2218

Nov 6, 2023
edgewater florida
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 500
I have my cargo bag on the front bar as well. The Honda spec mirror doesn't look or fit any better than what you have really. That front bar is just up too high and too far back for a mirror to sit right. Here's what I did, incorporated the center roof clamp into it. It comes with one anyway but I have way too much crap on that front bar as it is.

View attachment 413061
"I incorporated the center roof clamp into it"?...what does that mean? Do you mean you used the roof clamp to also hold down the accessory bag in the center? Can I see a picture of it? thanks.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
"I incorporated the center roof clamp into it"?...what does that mean? Do you mean you used the roof clamp to also hold down the accessory bag in the center? Can I see a picture of it? thanks.
That's the best pic I have and the mirror gets taken off when I put the full shield on for winter. I have an SSV Works overhead stereo that runs from front to back rops. It's made from fiberglass and has a slot left out in the front for the roof clamp. The Honda mirror also comes with a clamp but there's no room for two clamps through that slot, as well as the cargo bag fastening there. I incorporated the mirror into the roof clamp by using the bracket under the roof. It also allowed me to move the mirror forward and down and make it more usable. It still sucks IMO.

Infinitys and PodMirror

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That's the best pic I have and the mirror gets taken off when I put the full shield on for winter. I have an SSV Works overhead stereo that runs from front to back rops. It's made from fiberglass and has a slot left out in the front for the roof clamp. The Honda mirror also comes with a clamp but there's no room for two clamps through that slot, as well as the cargo bag fastening there. I incorporated the mirror into the roof clamp by using the bracket under the roof. It also allowed me to move the mirror forward and down and make it more usable. It still sucks IMO.

View attachment 413263View attachment 413264
Houston we could have a rectifier issue!

R

Rob2218

Nov 6, 2023
edgewater florida
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 500

View attachment 413263View attachment 413264
huh....got it. thanks. Wow...you have a lot of stuff in that roof area. Holy mackerel.

Tom_C

Tom_C

Jul 17, 2021
Virginia, USA
Ownership

1. 500
Here's my 3rd party bag that came with the ride, along with the side mirrors. In WV you can license UTVs but they need all the safety stuff, and i suppose any center mirror would do, even if you can't see out the back, not sure.

And yeah, we are camping out in our unfinished house for the holidays, so that's why it looks like squatters are living inside.

IMG 3362

Reactions: DaddyDubbs
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!