P1000 Oil Filter Backorder

wilson111

wilson111

Jun 11, 2015
SC
So I called my dealer and told them I needed the first service. They said I could drop off Wednesday night and they could have back to me Friday around lunch time. I asked him what al needed to be serviced and he didn't really know since they haven't serviced any yet. I told him I thought the engine oil filter and dct filter needed to be changed... Anyways I got a call today and they said one of the filters was on Backorder and they didn't know when they were going to be getting any in stock. Now what? Why don't they have parts available??? I wanted to have it and be able to ride this weekend so guess I'll drive 45 min to pick up then I'll have to take back. They should at least offer to come pick up and service for free when they get them in stock...I mean I did pay a lot of money for this thing and don't want it just sitting around!

Reactions: JACKAL and Hondasxs
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
uummm... Thats not good.
But I'm sure it will be like that for many dealers first go around as they have no clue what is needed. Especially the smaller dealers who dont order but once a week.

Think I will go ahead and order my filters now.

wilson111

wilson111

Jun 11, 2015
SC
Update...dealer is going to do first oil change for free and got extended warranty for $500. They did say that they weren't going to check/adjust valves because it didn't need it. They showed me the service manual and it says check/adjust only if engine is noisy....what exactly is that supposed to mean? After looking at what's required I don't want them to tear it apart if it's not needed. It doesn't seem noisy to me but not sure what I'm looking for...

WyomingRancher

WyomingRancher

Nov 6, 2015
Word of advice if anyone else buys the pioneer 1000 be sure and check with your dealer awhile before your first oil change. I've driven to two different dealerships an hour apart or so and neither one had a clue it needed the DCT filter. What a joke. I even had one guy working at the parts counter ask me the year of the pioneer 1000, ha! Wow, you sure can't fix stupid. I have one ordered in the mail now. Just didn't want to wait the week or so for it to get here during the holidays. Thanks again for the oil change info on this forum. After the one idiot parts guy took half an hour looking for the filter number I went on the forum in ten seconds and found it from your post for him, lol. Thanks again hondasxs.

Reactions: Hondasxs
adnoh

adnoh

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2013
I also had to look the part #'s up online for the dealer . They said they didnt have the parts diagram online yet,
but somehow had the parts in stock????????

Reactions: WyomingRancher

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!