P1000 P1k Pre-order Responses

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hondasxs, thanks for the info, Honda sure keeps a lid on things. This is a great board and you do a great job with it. I was really hoping maybe just a tad more detail had slipped out by now. I guess that I will just have to decide whether to jump now and get the Deluxe or sit on my hands and wait for the 3 EPS. I sure wish I knew for sure I would be able to pick one up semi-locally in November, but I would hate to pass it by and find that the dealership was not allotted one until later in the year or even next year. I really want a work/farm machine first so the 5 Deluxe is less important and I could use the saved dollars for under body protection, extra lighting and a maybe a bed liner. The larger nicer wheels are great and so are the headlamps but I would add those later. Decisions, decisions.....

TOOLOUD

TOOLOUD

Aug 10, 2015
Benton,La
I too have my deposit on the 1st dark gray metallic 5 seater deluxe 1k coming to Shreveport La. I feel like a kid waiting on Christmas morning having to wait on these to hit the ground. I really hope to have it before Thanksgiving when my gun season opens up. MP

Reactions: JACKAL
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
You better take what u can get. The wait for the 700 took a year to windle down. The P1k will be even longer. But Honda has increased production to try and compensate the demand. The only ones they know will never tell.

TOOLOUD

TOOLOUD

Aug 10, 2015
Benton,La
Agreed ! As long as it is a 5 seater / Eps / Deluxe I would take it. I can always swap out the body panels to get my desired color.

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks guys. I took your advice and made the buy. That is my down money is in and now it's just waiting until what I hope is the first or second week in October for delivery. My dealer is not the biggest and that is the time frame I am expecting mine. Anyone else have a delivery date similar or earlier?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Silver Metallic is mid November according to my dealer, I may go with red AGAIN so I can get my hands on one ASAP.

TOOLOUD

TOOLOUD

Aug 10, 2015
Benton,La
Yeah my dealer said mid-late October on the deluxe metallic 5 seaters so who really knows. I already have my black 14" Diesels and radial laws ready to slap on there ASAP.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah my dealer said mid-late October on the deluxe metallic 5 seaters so who really knows. I already have my black 14" Diesels and radial laws ready to slap on there ASAP.

No parts yet but Amazons gonna have to dedicate a FedEx truck to my Prime shipment when I get the notification mines at the dealer.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome to the Club @TOOLOUD !! make sure you post your pics when you get your 1000!

advertisement
N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As I stay pretty excited about getting my new Honda and since I have decided to get the Pk1-5 Deluxe model I can't help but to look for things that maybe aren't that good about it. Just like many whom read and write here, I have been looking around for even more information about this machine. I can't believe I just noticed it has a dump bed! I'm not mistaking this right? I saw a video where the bed on the 5 deluxe actually tilt dumps with a bit of hydraulic help to boot. Darn if everything isn't about perfect for me with this machine. If I have this wrong, someone please let me know.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
As I stay pretty excited about getting my new Honda and since I have decided to get the Pk1-5 Deluxe model I can't help but to look for things that maybe aren't that good about it. Just like many whom read and write here, I have been looking around for even more information about this machine. I can't believe I just noticed it has a dump bed! I'm not mistaking this right? I saw a video where the bed on the 5 deluxe actually tilt dumps with a bit of hydraulic help to boot. Darn if everything isn't about perfect for me with this machine. If I have this wrong, someone please let me know.
You are correct it does dump with a hydraulic assist.

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You are correct it does dump with a hydraulic assist.
Thanks again. Every time I look at this Honda it gets better. Somebody tell me something that's not great. It may help get my head out of the clouds. Anybody?

J

Jeremiah80

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2015
You sound like me this is going to be the longest month everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My dealer has confirmation. My P1k-5 Deluxe should ship on October 5, arrival locally around the 9th and hopefully I will be at my house at or around the 13th (they are closed on Mondays). Maybe, just maybe a few days earlier....Now the month is really getting long. I was out on my Grizzly looking over my newly created trails and boy am I looking forward to my new ride.

TOOLOUD

TOOLOUD

Aug 10, 2015
Benton,La
My dealer in Shreveport La is getting their first batch of red P1K's around the first week of October too, the dark metallic is supposed to be here around the 1st of November

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Got word Middle of October for mine too. Think I will set up my tent on the 15th right in front of the dealer. haha.

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ned , what state is your dealer in?
I'm in Kentucky. My dealer is not large or in a large town. I called her so early in the 2016 model year that she had not even heard Honda was going to release a new 1000. I had really been looking for a SxS but I was NOT going to buy a CVT. That brought me to the Pioneer and here to these forums. I almost bought the 700, but I hooked up just exactly at the time when rumors were flying and taking shape into facts.
We kinda struck up a bit of a relationship due to my enthusiasm and over time she promised me the first one. It turn out as with many dealers, they are only allocated 1 the during the first shipment. I was really looking for the 3 EPS but since the 5 deluxe is the only one coming out initially and red is AOK by me, I decided to buy.

advertisement