Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
IMO whoever Honda gave the project of designing these nerf bars to f***ing nailed it! First they only stick out 2 1/2". Second they dropped the rear down a little bit which helps with the rake look these machines have. Each mounts at three points, one bracket to the rocker bar and one in the back that's almost vertical. Then a U bolt that wraps over in the middle around a frame bar, the result is solid, I was standing and bouncing on it, it's not moving.
This will be an easy add on for most. I read through the instructions about a week ago and noticed it said something about cutting the factory skid plate on the 520. I have aluminum rock sliders under mine so knew going in it wasn't going to be easy. They're 3/16" and I tried mounting underneath them but it wasn't happening, bust out the wheel of death. At least all of the mounting points worked out, I have a lot mounted to that frame bar under there.
Took some cutting and fitting and a lot of on and off but the drivers side's done.

View attachment 248008View attachment 248009

View attachment 248010

Something else to note is that powder coat was in all the threads, would advise running them through on the bench before laying on the floor. 🙄
I like those but if they stick out 2 1/2" that's 5 total so they won't clear the 50" barriers which is important for me anyway.

F

Fischer

Dec 22, 2019
The woods
Ownership

1. 500
I like those but if they stick out 2 1/2" that's 5 total so they won't clear the 50" barriers which is important for me anyway.
I'm the same 50 inch thing. What size are the tires on your machiene.

Reactions: crewcabrob
F

Fischer

Dec 22, 2019
The woods
Ownership

1. 500
25x8x12 Front
25x10x12 Rear
Stock rims
Cool. They look good, that's what I was going to get. They look like 26s from the picture, hard to tell from a picture though. 24s to small 26s too tippy unless you go spacers. I need 50 inch. Sounds like we do the same kind of riding. I do like the looks of those nerf bars though. Thanks for the tire size information.

Morpheus

Morpheus

Supporting Member
May 6, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
Trigger are they P520 nerf bars from Honda?
I'm not trying to speak for @trigger he posted on Jan 11th that in order to find them you have to go into the "P520" accessories and they were on the 3rd page. Not sure if that is still the case but it held true when I researched them.

advertisement
Pauly B

Pauly B

Aug 23, 2021
Hudson Valley, New York
Ownership

1. 520
Cool. They look good, that's what I was going to get. They look like 26s from the picture, hard to tell from a picture though. 24s to small 26s too tippy unless you go spacers. I need 50 inch. Sounds like we do the same kind of riding. I do like the looks of those nerf bars though. Thanks for the tire size information.
75A8B0A2 FDE3 45FB 923B 3F4DD4DA9516
I ride 26” tires on 14” wheels on my 520 and it doesn’t feel tippy IMO.

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Welcome Pauly B -- from Upstate N.Y.
Looks like every one is having a good time & enjoying the New toy.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!