Pioneer 700-4 Hitting over 44 MPH starts cutting out.

D

dmascheck

Oct 4, 2014
Got mine home Saturday and played with it. Engine runs a bit rougher than the 3 cylinders, which is to be expected I guess. Seems a bit underpowered, but I tried a 35 degree+ slope and it had no problem scaling it in two wheel drive with two children in it and my Wife! She was surprised! So was I!(GRIN)

Got on a stretch of road and noticed when it tries to go over 44 MPH, it will start cutting out like there is a rev limiter. I also notice if you go in reverse and try to go fast there is a point where it starts cutting out! Is this normal?

I bought the half windshield thinking it would be good to divert bugs, but I'm not so sure and may buy a full windshield. Any problems with a full windshield. I notice they clamp on and should be easy to uninstall.

Bought the light bar and put it on the brush bumper. I would have liked it on top of the roof, but though the trees might snag it! It is bright! Also have the two utility lights in the rear and they sure light up everything as well.

Had two grandkids with me and must have driven the 700 for 4 or 5 hours today!(GRIN). They loved it, and so did the wife!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Welcome dmascreek,
Glad you finally got it.
44/45 is top speed. The computer cuts in and limits you at that point. I have a YouTube video somewhere.

Reverse is limited to around 7 mph. There is a override fix some have done allowing for full power. I will hunt that up too 4 u.

Not a fan of the light bar on the roof. I would rip it off. Some have placed it on the outside dash bezel. Looks good there and will not get damaged like roof/front bumper.

I'll post some links to all that when home in a bit.
Thanks.

D

dmascheck

Oct 4, 2014
Thank you very much! From Warm Texas!(GRIN)

D

dmascheck

Oct 4, 2014
Hondasxs said:

Yes the video was EXACTLY what I noticed. Wish there was a way to get around it or a programmer to turn it off like we have on cars and trucks.

You are splicing a wire on the reverse rev limiter problem??

I like your set up on the light bar. Wish I would have thought of it, but my brush guard bumper works fine! Wish it was a slightly bigger bar. I notice some on EBay and may get another. Pretty cheap as well.

Thank you for all the help!!

Dan

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!