P700 Pioneer 700 Wheel Size - 14" or 12" Does it really matter

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I know the 14" wheels make for shorter side wall tires and some say a stiffer ride. Some say better handling as well.
12" wheels are said to make for a smoother ride with taller sidewall tires.

I know everyone will have an opinion on what looks better and most will say the 14" wheels

What are the other Pro's and Con's of wheel size...specifically on the P700...?

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I think you pretty much answered your own question. It all depends on terrain and speed for me. I own a 700 also so handling at high speed is not an issue. I ride a lot of trails that are full of boulders, so the squish factor from a 12" tire is very welcome. as far as looks are concerned , beauty is in the eye of the beholder, aka what ever floats your boat IMO.

Reactions: Deluxe700
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
It depends on the tire size.
I wouldn't put 14 inch rims on unless I was going to at least 28s
Any smaller and I don't think you are leaving enough side wall for this heavy PIG

14s do look better

Max718

Max718

Jun 7, 2017
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 700-4
When riding on the creeks 14's are the best it gives you more clearance between the rim and brake caliper .I had a rock to get wedged in and cut into the rim

Reactions: swsebek

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!