P700 Plug in heater

T

tonyvc

Jan 6, 2024
mi
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thinking about plugging in a 12v heater into the accessory plug in the cab. I know that the owner's manual said not too but they are being sold as combatable with the 700-4. I know but was thinking Honda was being cautious. Am I just risking a blown fuse? Thoughts. Thanks.

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thinking about plugging in a 12v heater into the accessory plug in the cab. I know that the owner's manual said not too but they are being sold as combatable with the 700-4. I know but was thinking Honda was being cautious. Am I just risking a blown fuse? Thoughts. Thanks.
Welcome fellow Michigander!
Where bouts you from?

Yeah farting in your underwear will keep you warmer than that, especially in our state!
You need a soft or hard enclosure and preferably the Honda OEM heater like I have or one of many of the aftermarket ones found in the search up top.

So what year is your rig, color and mods done? Its Rule #4 here when u join to post up pics of your rig preferably that you start an intro thread😉

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
The answer would be a solid NO do not do this maneuver.
First it will do nothing to heat anything meaningful all while pulling more amps than the Acc. plug will provide safely.
Secondly it is a waste of time and money.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It’s all about the watts baby…unfortunately for anything meaningful you need way more than what the machine is capable of in its entirety.

At minimum you’ll blow fuses…

Propane golf cart heaters etc are more realistic or an actual heater and enclosure.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
It’s all about the watts baby…unfortunately for anything meaningful you need way more than what the machine is capable of in its entirety.

At minimum you’ll blow fuses…

Propane golf cart heaters etc are more realistic or an actual heater and enclosure.
^^^^ What he said.

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Don't waste your money, a real heat doesn't help much. Plus my friend got one for his Gator, put it on the dash and it wouldn't even defrost the windshield.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!