portals for sale in florida

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
guy says 3 of them are good and i think output shaft is bad on 1. easy fix. B83a769ba9d8441e694d7490051ee601

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
Seems pretty cheap even with one messed up makes wonder about other three

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Seems pretty cheap even with one messed up makes wonder about other three
talked to him seems he rode the thing on the way out to the truck on the portal box. twisted the spline off it in a hole. which im not sure how he did that unless he was jumping it or just a bad output shaft. other 3 should be good. thought about getting them and buying a new one for the one he messed up and just use my brackets for them and sell my 4 inch ones.

Reactions: Bastardchild
M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
6 inch little much for me I’d have to buy new mud tires and rims and new road tires my highway tires are 15 inch wheel so think 4 inch be better deal for me so if you decide to sale yours let me know

Reactions: Alan_Vander
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
i will i might just buy the 6 inch boxes. but if probably build another set of brackets if i do buy new boxes all around. 4 inch and 30s would be hella bad ass spinning them. anything lower than a 30 probably feel like one of those racing go carts that drift everywhere.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
No i thought i posted back here. Guy drug the 4th one on the ride out. Seems he did alot of things that portals arent meant to do. Aka airtime and hard fast wheeling. Those dont mix well with cast and billet forged things. Lol

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
talked to him seems he rode the thing on the way out to the truck on the portal box. twisted the spline off it in a hole. which im not sure how he did that unless he was jumping it or just a bad output shaft. other 3 should be good. thought about getting them and buying a new one for the one he messed up and just use my brackets for them and sell my 4 inch ones.

Ive twisted my drivers side output shaft off twice, and the paseenger side off once, on those same 6" utvsolutions portals on my P5. The first time I was giving a stock P5 and gentle tug with my snatch rope. The stock P5 was high centered between some pine rows and I figured I could just give him a tug and pull him right off. Well, my drivers side broke. Wasnt even snatching, just gave it a gentle tug. Had to be towed back to camp and loaded on the trailer. Utvsolutions told me theyve never had anybody break their output shaft before, so they sent me a new one for free, but told me any future breaks was gonna cost me $125 per side. A few months down the road, my buddy in his P7 was high centered and I tried to put my bumper against his and push him off and that didnt work, so I backed away from him and we hooked his winch cable to me and as I tried pulling him backwards and pop pop, both front output shafts broke. Had to be towed back to camp. I just decided to take them off and put my little 30s back on and sell my P5. I was gonna save the portals and possibly get a P7, but Im even thinking of having the portals fixed and selling them now. I paid $3300 for them. I was gonna take them all apart, replace the broken parts, polish everything, take the brackets off and strip them and repaint them, etc. If I got portals on something again in the future, I would get them from Joes Tires in Ocala, Fl. They have lifetime warranty on their portals. I have friends that regularly break their output shafts on their buggies and Joes replaces them for free, no questions asked. Sorry for being long winded. Lol

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
They have gen 1s and gen 2s. The gen 1s were bad about the shafts busting. I definitely dont have gen 1s on mine. I bent the brackets winching on people. You might be able to get the gen 2 output shafts and youll be good

advertisement
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I know you run portals for your style of riding. But how do you think they will hold up for Tennessee?

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
They have gen 1s and gen 2s. The gen 1s were bad about the shafts busting. I definitely dont have gen 1s on mine. I bent the brackets winching on people. You might be able to get the gen 2 output shafts and youll be good

When I broke the drivers output shaft the first time, they sent me a new shaft and a new gear that the shaft presses into, the gear had the same teeth on the outside as the old gear, that way it would mesh with the other gears in the portal box, but the splines in the hole that the output shaft presses into had a different spline count. Is that what makes it a generation 2? If so, I broke a generation 2 the second time I broke it.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Ive twisted my drivers side output shaft off twice, and the paseenger side off once, on those same 6" utvsolutions portals on my P5. The first time I was giving a stock P5 and gentle tug with my snatch rope. The stock P5 was high centered between some pine rows and I figured I could just give him a tug and pull him right off. Well, my drivers side broke. Wasnt even snatching, just gave it a gentle tug. Had to be towed back to camp and loaded on the trailer. Utvsolutions told me theyve never had anybody break their output shaft before, so they sent me a new one for free, but told me any future breaks was gonna cost me $125 per side. A few months down the road, my buddy in his P7 was high centered and I tried to put my bumper against his and push him off and that didnt work, so I backed away from him and we hooked his winch cable to me and as I tried pulling him backwards and pop pop, both front output shafts broke. Had to be towed back to camp. I just decided to take them off and put my little 30s back on and sell my P5. I was gonna save the portals and possibly get a P7, but Im even thinking of having the portals fixed and selling them now. I paid $3300 for them. I was gonna take them all apart, replace the broken parts, polish everything, take the brackets off and strip them and repaint them, etc. If I got portals on something again in the future, I would get them from Joes Tires in Ocala, Fl. They have lifetime warranty on their portals. I have friends that regularly break their output shafts on their buggies and Joes replaces them for free, no questions asked. Sorry for being long winded. Lol
Are you still planning on buying another 700 ?

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
When I broke the drivers output shaft the first time, they sent me a new shaft and a new gear that the shaft presses into, the gear had the same teeth on the outside as the old gear, that way it would mesh with the other gears in the portal box, but the splines in the hole that the output shaft presses into had a different spline count. Is that what makes it a generation 2? If so, I broke a generation 2 the second time I broke it.
No it was sometime last yr i think early 2019 maybe late 2018. They changed the metal and hardening design to make the input shafts less brittle. Along with the gears. They were having people snap them left and right. Im betting you got the gen 1s. And were part of that group. Cause i can tell you i have the gen 2s. And iv been winching people holding my brakes and sliding and stalling a 5k winch. And never had a problem with the boxes or shafts.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Are you still planning on buying another 700 ?
Its still what Im leaning towards. I also have a Suzuki Samurai on 39.5s that needs a TON of work. I was thinking I could just sink money into that and ride most places we go ride at. At the places where I cant take the Samurai to, I can just ride in my Wifes P1000. I was thinking of taking the 39.5s off of the Samurai and getting some 16" wheels with the Samurai pattern and putting my 35s from the P5 on it. We will see though. I just got a fuel cell for it and a new coil. I havent had time to mess with it this weekend though. Ive been messing with my P5 the last 2 days, and today we're running down south to visit a friend. I have Monday off, I might mess with it then.

Reactions: Backwoods
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
No it was sometime last yr i think early 2019 maybe late 2018. They changed the metal and hardening design to make the input shafts less brittle. Along with the gears. They were having people snap them left and right. Im betting you got the gen 1s. And were part of that group. Cause i can tell you i have the gen 2s. And iv been winching people holding my brakes and sliding and stalling a 5k winch. And never had a problem with the boxes or shafts.

Thats good to know. When I deal with them again I will tell them I want the gen 2 stuff to put in mine if possible. Thanks for the info.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thats good to know. When I deal with them again I will tell them I want the gen 2 stuff to put in mine if possible. Thanks for the info.
Yeah i just found out about it like a month ago. They only do the gen 2 stuff now. But from what i gathered. The boxes and bearings are exactly the same. When i bent my brackets i almost took them off and sent them back and told them i wanted a full refund. But i already sold my old tires so i decided to just build the brackets and give them a chance. Although i love the way the satv ones look and are built. If only they would of came out earlier i would of bought them. Still might if they come out with a 6inch later with a 45% reduction. Let me go up to a 34 or 35

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!