Talon Prices lowered on 2019 leftovers

J

JTW

Ya 14 longer and over 5in wider then Pioneer 5-seater. That’s a lot when trails don’t have multiple paths. I know the stuff you go on is treacherous and I’d go with I promise but there is lots of room, you could more width and get through. The Talon even struggles a bit more in places then p1k5 and Wolverine, so we will be sacrificing a little already at times. Turn radius doesn’t bother me too much after driving Talon, quick blip of throttle seems to turn it quickly in most situations. Suspension shouldn’t be a problem, add weight in the back helps Talon a lot, you know our cooler lol!
Yes I have talked up the Yami but for 11k I didn’t need to buy anything whatsoever for it and it’s been flawless. Obviously ya I’d like paddles and maybe even a 10hp add (which is retarded easy) but she does ok and I don’t drive it much. The belt drone and higher rpm do make it noisy. Honda is by all means so much quieter. I understand why they couldn’t put paddles in such a cheap rig.
Now I know that Kawi would be fun (again just too big here, I’d go title for title if you think you may want to follow me in Pioneer Wolverine or even a Talon here sometime) and the features are nice. Great machine for the money! It is well built and a beast. But I already own Pioneer so I want a true sport to ich my balls a bit.
And again I don’t mind the belt in Wolverine but it just isn’t dct. To me krx is just a more dependable heavy version of Polaris. I know there’s a big switch in some of the group to go Kawi, I’m sure glad it’s to a Jap machine but I can go slow and crawl in anything I own (and about to with Talon) but in the Honda’s I don’t need headphones to hear my passengers that I always have along for the ride.
Some build up a 5-seat Pioneer to ride alone, some cram way more in too small a machine, some have turbos for rock crawling so everyone does something different. There are right machines and wrong ones for given circumstances, and ones that can be built for what’s needed. Some people can afford and ones they can’t. Different machines for different people, you have to agree with that.
It’s a big rig man
View attachment 207315
I said my pioneer... I’m 68” wide and have a front and rear bumper. I’m about the same length.
Again, 16k for a 1000cc machine. And the noise is negligible at 20mph. You don’t need headphones to have a convo, that’s just the system one member chose. I can assure you you cannot crawl anything in the pioneer or wolvy that a krx can.

As I’ve said before.. I never said the krx was gods gift to off-roading. But it’s damn sure close for the $$$!

J

JTW

So you own a KRX but not a Talon? A couple of questions....How many miles have you put on your KRX and where do you ride? How much bigger tires have people put on the KRX? Do you not have to tune the clutch or do any upgrades to it to put on bigger tires like you do for Polaris and Can Am? How much extra power are people adding to the KRX and has it held up? Can you put a Turbo on it? What do you do for the super load noise of it? So it has no heat coming off it's motor or radiator (the Talon isn't hot like the pioneer is)? Can you put much bigger tires on the stock wheels? I am seriously asking you these questions since you own one!

I take that bet that @CumminsPusher threw out with you also....I'll race you with my Talon or my YXZ title for title.....
I own both a pioneer 1000-5 and a KRX. As I’ve said... I don’t have a ton of miles on the krx. Right at 100 which has been mostly break in and around here. Around here there is a multitude of options in the hills and hollers of ky. I’m headed to Arkansas in a week, and then TN the week after.. moab in the fall.
The krx will handle 35’s without touching it! No clutching needed. As for extra power... I cannot answer that. There are some tunes but I can’t say what kind of power they open up. It’s not a turbo machine, yet. My understanding is it’s coming soon. IMO it’s not really much louder at speed than the pioneer. Maybe slightly, but it’s not bad. One can still have a conversation at trail cruising speeds. As for heat... oh my god. It’s negligible compared to the pioneer. Stock wheels (which are beadlocks and come with 31’s) can handle a 35 no problem. It also has stainless brake lines, full steel skid plates, more travel than anything out there, true diff lock, geared stupid low, tons of cab room and storage behind the seats, the cage is impressive in stock form.
I wanted to love the talon... hell, I know the machine well. But there is no argument there is legitimate drawbacks to the talon. If you’re racing it on a track.. I would say the talon might be great. But for a ready to go trail machine... me thinks y’all are going to be surprised. I could give two s***s about who’s machine is faster in drag race. That means nothing to me. I don’t care about booze cruising, I want to ride!! I want to camp on the trail.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I said my pioneer... I’m 68” wide and have a front and rear bumper. I’m about the same length.
Again, 16k for a 1000cc machine. And the noise is negligible at 20mph. You don’t need headphones to have a convo, that’s just the system one member chose. I can assure you you cannot crawl anything in the pioneer or wolvy that a krx can.

As I’ve said before.. I never said the krx was gods gift to off-roading. But it’s damn sure close for the $$$!

Since we have talked about Shock Therapy and there opinion of the Honda Talon and the KRX. They did say the Honda Talon climbs like a billy goat and out does the KRX in that area. Which is what the KRX seems to be made for.

Also I do like the 31-in carnivores but there are very few 31-in options out there and last I checked the 31-in carnivores were only available from a Kawasaki dealership and you don't want to pay the price tag they have on those.

Anyway, I won't keep going back and forth with you on this. I see you're in Kentucky and most of my riding is in Tennessee. I actually would love to hook up and ride with a KRX. There are things I like about all the brands personally. There are a lot of good things about them and for what you paid you are correct it's a very good machine overall. I just had to respond once I felt like you called me a fanboy! :p 😋 ✌

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

I was just meaning that belts are louder. Wasn’t referring to anyone actually. The Wolverine can be that way at speed and every belt I’ve been in is just loud.
And yes I’m well aware krx could walk up some more then Yami or Pioneer. But honestly to what degree is it necessary or just easier, there’s been a Pioneer so far with you every time so just saying. They are usually more capable then the driver and I’m well aware of the “limitations”. I think Talon do just fine crawling. If you’re to that point where Talon cant go only your KRX you’ve got a real set of balls and hopefully your will is in order. Doubt it’s to that point. If climbing sheer lipped rock then need turbo lengthened Polaris.

Last edited:
J

JTW

Since we have talked about Shock Therapy and there opinion of the Honda Talon and the KRX. They did say the Honda Talon climbs like a billy goat and out does the KRX in that area. Which is what the KRX seems to be made for.

Also I do like the 31-in carnivores but there are very few 31-in options out there and last I checked the 31-in carnivores were only available from a Kawasaki dealership and you don't want to pay the price tag they have on those.

Anyway, I won't keep going back and forth with you on this. I see you're in Kentucky and most of my riding is in Tennessee. I actually would love to hook up and ride with a KRX. There are things I like about all the brands personally. There are a lot of good things about them and for what you paid you are correct it's a very good machine overall. I just had to respond once I felt like you called me a fanboy! :p 😋 ✌
The krx was made for crawling... there’s a difference. I’m not saying the talon is a bad machine. I’m saying the talon should have been what the krx is, only with the DCT and paddles. But in current forms, the DCT isn’t going to run a Heavy 35” tire.
I’d love to run them together. Come ride with us!!

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I own both a pioneer 1000-5 and a KRX. As I’ve said... I don’t have a ton of miles on the krx. Right at 100 which has been mostly break in and around here. Around here there is a multitude of options in the hills and hollers of ky. I’m headed to Arkansas in a week, and then TN the week after.. moab in the fall.
The krx will handle 35’s without touching it! No clutching needed. As for extra power... I cannot answer that. There are some tunes but I can’t say what kind of power they open up. It’s not a turbo machine, yet. My understanding is it’s coming soon. IMO it’s not really much louder at speed than the pioneer. Maybe slightly, but it’s not bad. One can still have a conversation at trail cruising speeds. As for heat... oh my god. It’s negligible compared to the pioneer. Stock wheels (which are beadlocks and come with 31’s) can handle a 35 no problem. It also has stainless brake lines, full steel skid plates, more travel than anything out there, true diff lock, geared stupid low, tons of cab room and storage behind the seats, the cage is impressive in stock form.
I wanted to love the talon... hell, I know the machine well. But there is no argument there is legitimate drawbacks to the talon. If you’re racing it on a track.. I would say the talon might be great. But for a ready to go trail machine... me thinks y’all are going to be surprised. I could give two s***s about who’s machine is faster in drag race. That means nothing to me. I don’t care about booze cruising, I want to ride!! I want to camp on the trail.
Got called out twice in 1 day. Lol

Reactions: Plumber32 and JTW
J

JTW

I was just meaning that belts are louder. Wasn’t referring to anyone actually. The Wolverine can be that way at speed and every belt I’ve been in is just loud.
And yes I’m well aware krx could walk up some more then Yami or Pioneer. But there’s been a Pioneer so far with you every time so just saying. I think Talon do just fine crawling. If you’re to that point where Talon cant go only your KRX you’ve got a real set of balls and hopefully your will is in order. Doubt it’s to that point.
Not yet... and as you well know there’s more to it than just that. Clearance is huge.. travel is huge.. gearing is huge.. LOCKED DIFF IS HUGE!!!

J

JTW

Got called out twice in 1 day. Lol
Lol.. yeah, I’ve been around and in the talons... nobody that’s calling me out has been around or in a KRX. Just say’n.... and I’m no fanboy of any one machine. I don’t care what it says on the front.. I want what’s the best all around machine for the money and as of now... Kawasaki knocked it out of the park!

Last edited by a moderator:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Not yet... and as you well know there’s more to it than just that. Clearance is huge.. travel is huge.. gearing is huge.. LOCKED DIFF IS HUGE!!!
You got me on diff lock. I’m not blind enough to take that on lol. That’s one sacrifice I hate.

Reactions: Plumber32
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Lol.. yeah, I’ve been around and I’m the talons... nobody that’s calling me out has been around ir in a KRX. Just say’n.... and I’m no fanboy of any one machine. I don’t care what it says on the front.. I want what’s the best all around machine for the money and as of now... Kawasaki knocked it out of the park!
From all that I've been reading and the videos I watched of the KRX, I agree with u.

Reactions: JTW
advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The krx was made for crawling... there’s a difference. I’m not saying the talon is a bad machine. I’m saying the talon should have been what the krx is, only with the DCT and paddles. But in current forms, the DCT isn’t going to run a Heavy 35” tire.
I’d love to run them together. Come ride with us!!
I do disagree. I think Talon hit it pretty good. But considering it’s Honda they failed on suspension. AND the x should’ve been true trail machine with diff. They weren’t going for a crawler but even the suspension guy that everyone is jerking off about said he’d choose the Talon for that. But his opinion doesn’t mean s*** to me honestly because he don’t ride Idaho. He’d get bored here as I would there.

J

JTW

I do disagree. I think Talon hit it pretty good. But considering it’s Honda they failed on suspension. AND the x should’ve been true trail machine with diff. They weren’t going for a crawler but even the suspension guy that everyone is jerking off about said he’d choose the Talon for that. But his opinion doesn’t mean s*** to me honestly because he don’t ride Idaho. He’d get bored here as I would there.
He said the talon for that for the same reason we like the DCT. But again, add 35’s to a talon and tell me how great it is for crawling. The Honda’s just aren't geared low enough. Dude, I’ve got a pioneer on 30’s and that b**** will NOT crawl!!

Reactions: Plumber32
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
But that’s the thing... you don’t have to. You need to go drive one and see for yourself.
Dude...it won’t fit. People seem to think if they aren’t riding a dirt road it’s tight trails. Joey and I were riding at times sxs in Tennessee in trails. It’s not like that here! Ask anyone that’s ride where I love, we rip plastics off anything. No tree kickers, mirrors, mudflaps, opening windshields, Ham antennae, whips, off set wheels factory soft cab, anything. Krx will not fit. It’s huge.

J

JTW

Dude...it won’t fit. People seem to think if they aren’t riding a dirt road it’s tight trails. Joey and I were riding at times sxs in Tennessee in trails. It’s not like that here! Ask anyone that’s ride where I love, we rip plastics off anything. No tree kickers, mirrors, mudflaps, opening windshields, Ham antennae, whips, off set wheels factory soft cab, anything. Krx will not fit. It’s huge.
The funny thing about your argument is.. I don’t think the trees are aware of the width requirements. I remember when only 4 wheeler trails were here and we said a sxs will never fit. Guess what... they do now. If you’re not riding trails and just bushwhacking then you find a new routes. The same that you do with any machine. I get not wanting a wide machine for woods riding, but there comes a point where it doesn’t overly matter.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

Believe me its c274b69c3f

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Ok so I gotta ask/debate the i4wd....I am one that coming into my Talon said I wanted a diff lock...I had it in my Jeeps and other sxs....but now having it in my Talon it has never let me down. The race team at KOH had no issues with it. I have yet to not make it up something that I thought crap I needed a locked diff. But I will say the advantages have shined every time I have been out. I can stay in I4wd, which to me is lots better than unlocked 4wd, all the time and it just flat works. My YXZ has locked and it becomes a pain to attempt a climb and not make and then go back down lock it in and go again....all while the Talon is already at the top waiting! So have you guys actually first hand experienced where it has not made it and locked did? Because I have not!!

advertisement