P500 Project RAMBO - upgrades and adventures...

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
This morning Rambo and I led a group from church on a group ride into forest. It was fun!

DC5BAC56 80DF 44FD 8B1B DCF87BB3B873 C2237E29 53B3 4346 9857 C261C703A22E CC098973 1620 410E 9C43 32F6083170B4

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Don't buy a box just yet, wait until box 2.0 is available , it going to be a much better box than the old one.
So when will it be out? I’ve seen/heard that Choog #1 was awesome. I’m intrigued by what updates are coming.

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Cool thing about these little machines, is they come in a very basic format and an entry level price. Now I’ll agree would be awesome to mix options from the factory, but the added cost would I think chase people away. In a way we get the best of both worlds sorta. Entry level cost, robust reliable machine... want it to ride better, add suspension parts custom to your needs. Similar to Trigger I’ve only replaced front and rear boots on mine (my fault) and a spark plug just cause, in respect to mechanical failure. Mods have been custom done by me to meet my specific needs and cost wise, away ahead of the game compared to factory and I have exactly what I want. Still not done yet (mods) and that’s also an attraction for me. Best bang for felt results, radials then Elkas Stage 3’s.
Elkas intrigue me for sure. But the price is up there.

Reactions: Backwoods and JCart
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Elkas intrigue me for sure. But the price is up there.

Yes they are expensive and not for everyone although I think on par with the Walker Evans, too bad we don’t like closer as you could try mine. The difference is remarkable and it changes the way you’ll drive your machine for the better. The other option I’d look at are the DIY air shocks, mine is a work machine so I didn’t wanna mess with potential air leaks and so on, reliability is important to me. Often I’m miles off the beaten path no cell service and by myself, so 1 failure and recovery is the cost of Elka shocks and in Canada air shocks are expensive as well.
Cheers,
j

Reactions: SouthwestORV
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
advertisement
SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Yes they are expensive and not for everyone although I think on par with the Walker Evans, too bad we don’t like closer as you could try mine. The difference is remarkable and it changes the way you’ll drive your machine for the better. The other option I’d look at are the DIY air shocks, mine is a work machine so I didn’t wanna mess with potential air leaks and so on, reliability is important to me. Often I’m miles off the beaten path no cell service and by myself, so 1 failure and recovery is the cost of Elka shocks and in Canada air shocks are expensive as well.
Cheers,
j
I'm like you. Not interested in introducing possible leaks/problems. As it is now I just ride at a pace that is comfortable. But it WOULD be fun to try out a pair of Elkas.

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
I know there's a handful of you that will be excited to see me putting more goodies on Rambo. Well I'M THRILLED because I finally remedied one of my lingering P500 gripes by installing a Crossroads Weather Resistant Pioneer 500 Glove Box. Here's the product page: Home - Crossroads SXS
I know there are several great options out there for glove boxes offered by members of this forum...I had to pick one. Please - no hard feelings. Back to the Crossroads Glove Box - I'm very happy with the fit, finish, design, look, order-to-ship time, installation instructions, customization, customer service, etc. They're serious about their products, and it shows. I installed this accessory last night, and I enjoyed the process. Here's the video!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I know there's a handful of you that will be excited to see me putting more goodies on Rambo. Well I'M THRILLED because I finally remedied one of my lingering P500 gripes by installing a Crossroads Weather Resistant Pioneer 500 Glove Box. Here's the product page: Home - Crossroads SXS
I know there are several great options out there for glove boxes offered by members of this forum...I had to pick one. Please - no hard feelings. Back to the Crossroads Glove Box - I'm very happy with the fit, finish, design, look, order-to-ship time, installation instructions, customization, customer service, etc. They're serious about their products, and it shows. I installed this accessory last night, and I enjoyed the process. Here's the video!
Isn't it a shame to have to apologize for what brand you chose? Personally, I like that one better as well.

Looks like Rambo is about ready for all those sequels!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!