Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Y5uvuryp

Adumyse3

U5upa9ar

We got 2"-4" but no sand no salt... Till it was too late...
Was supposed to be a dusting.

Used the P4 to shuttle kids and teachers(including my wife) from schools after they spent the night.

There was a Camo P4 among the fleet of various SxS's that were helping but we were never at the same place only crossing paths mid route and always moving. He was pulling a Polaris Ranger crew at one point out of a ditch but the cold morning air 15F without windchill( @45mph works out to be -2F) had killed my phone so no proof it happened. Just hearsay.

Pioneer ran hard all day carrying 4 and running 10-45mph depending on conditions. Packed snow/Sanded ice/wet pavement. Never gave me an issue empty I was running to rev limiter and it was tracking straight as an arrow in 4Lock. Loaded I wouldn't go faster than 25 and it was as sure footed as a Jamaican bobsled team (after John Candy showed up). I was making the round trip in 15-20 mins where as cars making the one way leg was 2+ hrs.

Spiked tires or tracks would've been NICE! Also a HEATER, a heater would've been a good feature.

Reactions: Swampcollie
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
WOW.
Vote for worst day of your life in all those pictures, especially the bottom one.
I'm sure the northern guys are saying " what the H are yall doing", "learn how to drive"... lol.
Well, you know most people below TN are wiser to the none when it comes to snow and think that slamming on brakes is what you should do when you loose control.

Same here in NC, we got 2 inches, I got off work as it started to stick and there was 5 accidents on my normally 30 min. drive home. Took me 2.5 hours
Once off the major Hwy, I got behind a guy who needed to be pushed in the ditch. (sorry, I really don't mean him harm. But..) He was going 5 mph and every time he seen a car coming in the opposite lane he would stop. The car could be 800 yards away and he would stop until it cleared him by 100 yards. OMG. I was about to get out and walk.
But by 3pm today, it was all gone. Supposed to be 60 Saturday.

I'm glad you got use out of the P4 to get the children home to there families.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Issue was partially drivers, mostly it was the 1" of ice right below the snow. Roads were just warm enough to melt the snow into slush for first 30mins of snowfall then freeze. Then the snow started accumulation on top of that it got compacted and boom 1-2" of straight up hockey rink on every paved surface in a city of 1million plus that has seen >1" of snow 4 times in the last 30 years. The city normally shuts down after a forecast because we have the common sense to know we aren't prepared(no plows/no salt/very few spreaders) it's not a budget item that gets used but maybe once a decade, but a BAD forecast of a dusting that turned into 2-4" from a normally competent weather service caught us all at work and kids at school.

This morning when it was 8 degrees 4low and 3rd gear worked really well in the truck, the ice was somewhat sticky at that temp with the wind blowing 5-10mph.

Would've not liked to have been riding in that semi when it went down.

The Pioneer has been earning it's keep since I bought it. It gets used in new ways on a regular basis. It's mainly a tool but before I loaded it up to go home. There was some serious 4wd hooning on a open parking lot of packed snow. Needed to celebrate the end of 2 days of driving.

And the bottom photo is a shot from the opposite direction of the top photo.

M

mnhntr

Jan 27, 2014
I have been plowing snow in mine when it was -20 with -35 wind chill. Been below zero here most of the month of Jan for lows.

T

t-man

Jan 20, 2014
Been out in mIne after 20cm {8 inches} of new snow. Went through drifts in 2 wheel drive. Only had to use 4 wheel drive twice. This sxs is AWSOME!!!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!