Reverse Override information.

HondaTim

HondaTim

Feb 8, 2014
Yea I was wondering bc I read a post about lights and I think it was Lynn or obanacreek that put an led reverse light on the roof and I didn't know if they had the mod or not?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have a light but never hooked it to the reverse switch, wanted to.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Looking over the wiring, I don't see any other way then to install a switch, either for the override or the light.

HondaTim

HondaTim

Feb 8, 2014
Well could you rig up the override switch to where you activated the override and your light on the back would come on for vision? I'm know wiring expert that's why I'm asking.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
HondaTim said:
Well could you rig up the override switch to where you activated the override and your light on the back would come on for vision? I'm know wiring expert that's why I'm asking.
You could.

With a standard on/off switch you could use them as work lights as well.. That's most likely what I will do. Could of used them tonight checking my deer cam.

Best solution may be a toggle switch.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Called a limit stitch. Like this. I 3asytenu
Mount it just under the dash so the when the knob is in R it is triggered.

S

sksshooter

Oct 24, 2013
there is a way to wire it into the reverse switch. there is a guy on hondapioneersxs.proboards forum that has his hooked up. iirc the purple wire is what triggers the r to light up on the dash. it is a ground so you run power to the light and the reverse switch activates the ground. he used the backup alarm instructions to figure out how to wire his up.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ya, but thats without the reverse override. We want to install the reverse override and a reverse light also.
The Reverse override disables that wire from working.

S

sksshooter

Oct 24, 2013
Ya I missed that. Ok nothing to see here. I screwed that all up that was read on this forum....

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
No problem. Ya. The post got off track a bit. May break it out sometime.

S

sksshooter

Oct 24, 2013
fairly certain my reverse override isn't working in normal mode anymore due to my switch. all wires are still secure as I soldered them on . I think the cheap switch I installed is bad on one side. I just received a daystar 3 way switch in the mail today. as soon as I figure out how to wire the damn thing im going to swap over to it instead of the cheap toggle I have it on. I ordered the switch off amazon and it just came loose in a bag with no instructions on what terminal is what and it has several because its a lighted switch

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ya, I had that issue on my Rincon before switching to sealed switches. Just pressure washing it would cause the contact to corrode and stop working. When I get time, I will be wiring my Pioneer with a sealed lighted switch too.

S

Sask700

Jul 8, 2015
Here is my diagram on the reverse override.
This method makes it hardwired in so it is ALWAYS ON.
Please understand the safety risks in allowing untrained individuals drive your rig.

The following side effects take place:
- Reverse light will no longer come on.
- Display will read (Drive) when in reverse.
- You will have full speed in reverse.

Questions? Ask!

2FarOffRoad.com is working on sourcing parts to make a switched unit so the override can be turned off/on.

With that being said does connecting the switch like this to override the reverse hold true then for the forward motion as well? Thus removing the forward limiter ?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
@Sask700, No, there is no method to effect the forward limiter with these wires.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Here is my diagram on the reverse override.
This method makes it hardwired in so it is ALWAYS ON.
Please understand the safety risks in allowing untrained individuals drive your rig.

The following side effects take place:
- Reverse light will no longer come on.
- Display will read (Drive) when in reverse.
- You will have full speed in reverse.

Questions? Ask!

2FarOffRoad.com is working on sourcing parts to make a switched unit so the override can be turned off/on.
Very good idea, thanks for the diagram and explanation. I can see the benefit of being able to have more power / speed etc. to back out of a situation.

J

jay dawge

Oct 6, 2015
I might be interested in a plug and play that offers regular OEM operation, and the override operation. I think you may find that a lot of people want the plug and play, so they can remove it if they are taking it in for warranty work, they don't want to give any reason for their warranty work to be denied. I know the magnuson moss warranty act protects you, but it's a lot easier to just unplug your gadgets and go in stockers.

S

smokinit

Jul 2, 2014
Just curious.... What does it do if you just put a switch in the gray wire. So it's either on or off? Will it show not in gear and flash like mine has done at times in reverse and then show that your in forward like normal?

Has any one tried this method?

Reactions: Hondasxs
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Just curious.... What does it do if you just put a switch in the gray wire. So it's either on or off? Will it show not in gear and flash like mine has done at times in reverse and then show that your in forward like normal?

Has any one tried this method?
Yes. If at ever the group of wires loose ground then you will get this ( - - ) flashing. You may not be given a gear.

If you did the override and have had this happen. Then you may need to check the connection.

S

smokinit

Jul 2, 2014
If I remember correctly everything works OK as far as shifting in forward. Will it still override in reverse when. (--) is flashing? Just thinking out side of the box here and wondering if you can accomplish the same task with only cutting into 1 wire. I assume its been done so just want to eliminate any trial and error if someone has already done the same trial and error and can tell me the result.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!