Road Legal Michgan, 2019, HB 5639

utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All- I want this to be the Thread that helps Fellow Riders in Michigan to get their VIN number and be Finally street legal.

So Lets get this Started

The New Law that Governor Snyder signed into Law is HB 5639, Print a copy and Hang onto it. I will upload the one that Snyder signed once its online. but for now use this one.

Sync | Secure cloud storage that protects your privacy

password >> hondasxs

There is roughly 17 items on the check list to make this happen.

I will be trying to get MY 1000-5 LE through the process. IMOP the Honda is the only SXS that will pass the inspection because of (r) Differential Gear, Don't think there is another SXS that actually have this .

Please feel free to chime in if your in other states and have any tips of tricks

utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Called the SOS they are closed today, But I think we will have to use Forum TR54, But I want to ask if the SOS will have an New Updated Forum for use to fill out or if they plan to use the same old one.

The SOS has not updated TR54, still says no ORVs so I will find out when the new ones will be published.

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks for checking on this. This is something I've been wondering about myself.

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
This definitely changes my perspective as to which Pioneer I am going to purchase. Thanks for posting this @utvmi!!

Reactions: utvmi and sharp
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
This definitely changes my perspective as to which Pioneer I am going to purchase. Thanks for posting this @utvmi!!
Wait....you don’t have a pioneer yet?

Reactions: sharp and Todd627
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I made that come across wrong.
What I really meant was ... I thought you had one already for some reason? My bad:( but no worries, I’m sure you’ll be well vast in what you’ll get when that time comes.

Reactions: sharp and Todd627
Todd627

Todd627

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
What I really meant was ... I thought you had one already for some reason? My bad:( but no worries, I’m sure you’ll be well vast in what you’ll get when that time comes.

No worries Remy :) Dealers around here are not friendly from what I found. Even the dealer who I used to race snowmobiles for are asshats now. The right deal will come around soon.

Reactions: sharp and Remington
Todd627

Todd627

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI

As long as you guys on this awesome forum allow me, I will continue to lurk and learn..lol :D

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
As long as you guys on this awesome forum allow me, I will continue to lurk and learn..lol :D
No man your good! Just my mind thinking out loud again. :)

Reactions: sharp and Mudwing
advertisement
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
No worries Remy :) Dealers around here are not friendly from what I found. Even the dealer who I used to race snowmobiles for are asshats now. The right deal will come around soon.
Have you tried US27 Motorsports? That’s were I got mine. I don’t like there service department but the sales have ben fair. I can give you a guys name I’d recommend in sales if you like.

Reactions: utvmi and sharp
Todd627

Todd627

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Have you tried US27 Motorsports? That’s were I got mine. I don’t like there service department but the sales have ben fair. I can give you a guys name I’d recommend in sales if you like.

That would be great. I am also going to try Lapeer Honda, a friend recommended them to me. Thanks Remy!

Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use Championship Powersports in Ohio. I'm not sure where you are in Michigan, but they are well worth the 3.5 hour drive for me. They are off road only dealer.

Todd627

Todd627

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
I use Championship Powersports in Ohio. I'm not sure where you are in Michigan, but they are well worth the 3.5 hour drive for me. They are off road only dealer.

Thanks for the info @Firemedic350!!

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
My cousin that’s a sheriff in the pinky shared this article about the new law when it takes effect and how much it will cost you to title it :eek:. There’s a short movie as well.

Off road vehicles to be street legal

Reactions: utvmi and Todd627
Todd627

Todd627

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
My cousin that’s a sheriff in the pinky shared this article about the new law when it takes effect and how much it will cost you to title it :eek:. There’s a short movie as well.

Off road vehicles to be street legal

Hopefully that $800 - $1,500 listed in the article was including all of the mods needed to make it street legal and not the registration fees only o_O

B

Boss0144

Lifetime Member
Jan 25, 2018
Commerce Township, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m super excited to try and make my rig street legal!

Any idea if adding 4/5 point harness style seat belts would be considered a negative in the eyes of the SOS for getting a title?

Also - if you’re looking for a used pioneer, Powersports International in Fenton often has decent machines with low miles on them. I bought mine there and have been happy with the price and the machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Todd627
ChadD

ChadD

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Brown City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That would be great. I am also going to try Lapeer Honda, a friend recommended them to me. Thanks Remy!

That's where I got mine. Paul was very helpful. I got better price off internet than other salesmen in store quoted.

Reactions: Todd627
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!