Rumor Mill - 2017 Honda Pioneer? Bucket Seats? New frame structure?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
2017bucket1

RUMOR MILL.....
Will we see Bucket Seats for 2017?

Could the 2017 Honda Pioneer line offer a bucket seat option? Recent patent documents obtained by HondaSxS.com confirm that Honda has in fact been playing around with this concept. This patent depicts a Honda Pioneer 700 unit with incorporated ADJUSTABLE BUCKET SEATS for both the front and rear passenger. Rear passengers will have a 3 position adjustment while the front will offer 18 point adjustment with a lever under the front left of the seat. Also, its worth asking is the question of will this eliminate the dump bed? We were unable to tell from the drawings.

2017bucket4 2017bucket2

BOUNS.... New Frame Structure!
This next image was included inside this same patents. We will consider it a bouns! However, it does bring confusion to the plate. Here we find a single image of a new frame structure not seen before! At first we though it may have been disproportional. But looking at it more you clearly see it is built as is. Notice the low seat level and what seems to be a short ROPS structure. There is clearly room for 2 front seats on what looks to be a narrow frame, maybe to maintain that 50" limit. Also whats up with the rear ROPS? And what looks to be a single seat belt box in the right rear?
2017bucket3

Word on the street is that Honda is expected to release 2017 info come mid summer. Do you think we will see any of this come to life? Guess we will find out soon enough!
Thanks.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You're really good at this stuff! I love reading the patents!! It's always fun to speculate. It's like opening a Christmas present. It's always fun to wonder. Unless you're @Crow_Hunter (hint-hint buddy) still going to try with you:)

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Yep... Just found another that you will be really interested in...
Here it is...
Notice the center frame structure for the passengers is different. Also, look at the air intake tube. Seems to be set up like the 700 was.
Intake1

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Front of the frame looks like my pool ladder. Wonder if it's amphibious :)

Reactions: Hondasxs
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yep... Just found another that you will be really interested in...
Here it is...
Notice the center frame structure for the passengers is different. Also, look at the air intake tube. Seems to be set up like the 700 was.
View attachment 16547
Nice digging around! God you're good!! You know I'm interested in that one!!! I think C+C Music Factory said it best..."Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmm"

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
What could this be? Thought it was a fuel pump but it reads more to be a ventilation system for fuel tank!
Fuel1

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I prefer the bench in the 1000 but they could do a split bench that were adjustable that would be very cool. We use to use the center in the 700 as well but buckets would make many happy I've heard that complaint several times.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
What could this be? Thought it was a fuel pump but it reads more to be a ventilation system for fuel tank!
View attachment 16548
You know what @Hondasxs i love watching Honda grow. Popo has got to be legitimately scared! My choice in brands bleeds red the same as us.

Reactions: joeymt33
Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
View attachment 16543
RUMOR MILL.....
Will we see Bucket Seats for 2017?

Could the 2017 Honda Pioneer line offer a bucket seat option? Recent patent documents obtained by HondaSxS.com confirm that Honda has in fact been playing around with this concept. This patent depicts a Honda Pioneer 700 unit with incorporated ADJUSTABLE BUCKET SEATS for both the front and rear passenger. Rear passengers will have a 3 position adjustment while the front will offer 18 point adjustment with a lever under the front left of the seat. Also, its worth asking is the question of will this eliminate the dump bed? We were unable to tell from the drawings.

View attachment 16546 View attachment 16544

BOUNS.... New Frame Structure!
This next image was included inside this same patents. We will consider it a bouns! However, it does bring confusion to the plate. Here we find a single image of a new frame structure not seen before! At first we though it may have been disproportional. But looking at it more you clearly see it is built as is. Notice the low seat level and what seems to be a short ROPS structure. There is clearly room for 2 front seats on what looks to be a narrow frame, maybe to maintain that 50" limit. Also whats up with the rear ROPS? And what looks to be a single seat belt box in the right rear?
View attachment 16545

Word on the street is that Honda is expected to release 2017 info come mid summer. Do you think we will see any of this come to life? Guess we will find out soon enough!
Thanks.
This appears to be a single seat, with the seat offset slightly to the left. Look at how the base of the seat fills up the space between the frame rails.

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Could it be an "inline" UTV? Single seat in front with a single seat in back that folds down to be a "bed"? Similar to the bigger models just more narrow. If it has decent travel and good shocks (unlike the P500) it will probably sell well. It would be a better buy than a Polaris Ace. Similar but better because you could have a bed or a buddy.

Wouldn't fit my needs but it is a good idea. If this isn't what it is, they should take my idea and run with it. :)

Reactions: Hondasxs
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
This appears to be a single seat, with the seat offset slightly to the left. Look at how the base of the seat fills up the space between the frame rails.
Fold down third seat different box just maybe...

Last edited:
chancesemar89

chancesemar89

Apr 3, 2014
louisiana
could be bucket seats with a center console that goes up or down . also the frame work does look different. looks to be very narrow compaired to the 700. Wonder if they are revising the p500. adding a bed, bucket seats, better suspension, diff lock.

chancesemar89

chancesemar89

Apr 3, 2014
louisiana
Honda SxS -

Loooking back at the patents and Images above I will tell you what I speculate . Honda pioneer 700 - look at the rear bucket seats, there is a cross bar for mounting and support so that tells me the bed will not dump. there will be a 700 edition for strictly 4 seats probably more leg room. almost seems the bed is a little longer.
as for the frame design- yes it is narrow, I see Honda putting out a 3 seater 50" pioneer 700 trail edition .

please tell me your thoughts......

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I tell you what I want and what I think they should do.

-680 Rincon/P700 engine
-Standard 3 speed torque converter transmission
-Subtransmission with a low range (so 6 forward gears)
-Manual/Auto mode (just like they do on the Rincon, but with paddle shifters)
-50" - 55" wide if possible (60" would be okay if they are too skittish, but no wider)
-Parking brake
-2 person up front with an optional 2 person flip up seating in the back
-Factory snorkeled
-27" good quality 6 ply tire
-Engine mounted to the rear
-Adjustable Bucket seats
-Tilt wheel
-Good quality Fox/KYB/Elka etc shocks
-10" of suspension travel
-12" ish of ground clearance
-Factory skids option
-Factory A-arm guards option
-$11-13k OTD price

I would buy one.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
So basically an extremely upgraded 700-4 with all the bells and whistles for a lower price... Hey I'd buy one too!

Reactions: tig
chancesemar89

chancesemar89

Apr 3, 2014
louisiana
Honda SxS Community ,

Well its now July 5, 2016. Rumors have it Honda is suppose to release the sxs lineup this month. I wonder when will the release it. if Honda follows the previous years, they normally release info mid month. I guess we all will have to wait and see what kind of info comes to surface in the upcoming weeks...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!