P700 Sorry Another Tire n Rim Question

J

JRH

Feb 21, 2021
Upstate NY
Ownership

1. 700-4
So I am looking at upgrading tires n wheels. I have searched but still have questions. I am looking at upgrading tires n wheels for 700 deluxe. I am looking at Vision wheels 14x7 &14x8 with maxxis bighorn 2 tires 27x9x14 and 27x11x14. Wheel weight of 17lbs and tire weight 27.8lbs for 11 inches and 22.25lbs for 9 inches. I cannot find factory tire n wheel weights. Does anyone have any comments? Also I am on stock equipment currently but have 1 1/2" shock spacers if needed (currently not installed yet). I am worried about clearance with factory fender flares and reduction in performance?

Reactions: GrnP500
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
You will be fine with those sizes.And them rims are nice too. I run the BH 2.0 6plys and love them. 2500 miles on mine and only half worn out.I run 28inch and noticed very little power loss but 27s will be perfect for you.

J

JRH

Feb 21, 2021
Upstate NY
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks swsebek how much lift are you running with 28`s. Do you think my 1 1/2" would be enough if went with 28's. Still figuring out what my best options are.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks swsebek how much lift are you running with 28`s. Do you think my 1 1/2" would be enough if went with 28's. Still figuring out what my best options are.
You have to make sure the 28s are true to size. Big horn 2.0 6ply are true to size. I have a strong made 2 1/2” lift and Fox shocks. But I put the 28s on first with nothing else and they would only rub on going down inclines and turning sharp at the bottom.I then added mudd busters fender flares and then the bolts would rub the tires. That is when I added the lift and then I had no rubbing. Guys say the 28s take power away but I really couldn’t notice much. The fox shocks are amazing and next to power steering we’re my best upgrade.

J

JRH

Feb 21, 2021
Upstate NY
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks swsebek so you had rubbing with stock suspension? Wondering if I'll be OK with 1 1/2" spring lift. Definitely looking into Mudd busters. Really like fox shocks but wow on price! Gotta love these machines and the amount of money you can shell out on accessories!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!