JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Don’t listen to this guy cause he once gave advice to JE to pre lube his buttocks before going on dates with men. Come to find out CP was JE’s date Bahahahahaha 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 nomo
Hey goat humper, how many times I gotta tell you to keep me outta your weird fetish dreams?......🙄😂😂

C

chadley2301

Apr 7, 2024
Southwest Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
I'll take who's never driven an manual transmission for $1000 Alex.

Who is the @chadley2301

But as already stated many times, hold position with brake while applying gas then let off brake to go forward.
FINAL JEOPARDY: "Previous posts in this thread"

This post falls between #13 and #15 and mentions extensive use of a manual transmission by OP

Answer: Post #14

But yes, the brake/gas pedal combo worked for me like a charm. Thanks for the info.

RIP Alex :(

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
My take it the same as @CumminsPusher hit the gas let off the brake. Not difficult.
But most obvious is the don't stop on a hill aspect of it.
If the hill is steep enough you are concerned then it for many reasons is not a safe place to stop.
Mainly someone could come over the top down to you not knowing your there.

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My take it the same as @CumminsPusher hit the gas let off the brake. Not difficult.
But most obvious is the don't stop on a hill aspect of it.
If the hill is steep enough you are concerned then it for many reasons is not a safe place to stop.
Mainly someone could come over the top down to you not knowing your there.

Sometimes you can't choose where to stop going up hill - a rig in front of you may slip and you may have to keep back.
I had an Xterra Offroad (later called Pro 4x) and it was the vehicle I used to learn to hill climb, off road, etc.
Then I had a 4Runner Trail (now Off Road) and had to learn the two-foot shuffle.
The Xterra's hill brake assist was automatic, the 4Runner's was not.
With my P1k5, I just left-foot brake and then right-foot gas it when ready.
Both work, but as others have said - don't burn your clutch half-revving your Pioneer to hold position on a hill.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Sometimes you can't choose where to stop going up hill - a rig in front of you may slip and you may have to keep back.
I had an Xterra Offroad (later called Pro 4x) and it was the vehicle I used to learn to hill climb, off road, etc.
Then I had a 4Runner Trail (now Off Road) and had to learn the two-foot shuffle.
Both work, but as others have said - don't burn your clutch half-revving your Pioneer to hold position on a hill.
You won’t burn it if you get r’s up fairly quickly. To be honest you kinda have to f*** up bad nowadays with the Hondas to burn the clutches especially on stockish tires.

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
Also we could be stopping on a hill to grab a drink from the cooler in the dump bed, so maybe the PUB is the right spot.

The above text is straight out of the O.Ps post on page 1 post 14.
I was not talking about a typical hillclimb moments, more so the purposeful stop to do anything other than figure out how to go up or back.
Thanks for the input though.

seijirou

seijirou

Lifetime Member
Apr 17, 2024
Kaufman, TX
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
2023 1000-6 Models WITH HSA

The 2023 Honda Pioneer 1000-6 Crew has a Hill Start Assist (HSA) switch on the SXS1000M3D Trail/M3D Forest/M5D Trail/M5D Forest models

Sent from my motorola edge plus 2023 using Tapatalk

Was that AI generated or something? The 1000-6 Crew is not a 1000M3D Trail, M3D Forest, M5D Trail, or M5D Forest. This reads kinds of like "The F150 has launch mode on the Mustang GT".

That would be cool if the 23 1000-6 Crew had it but I can't find such a switch on mine.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ironically, I recently had the fuel injectors replaced under warranty on a Honda Pilot and in reading up on the problem and what they did found out that my Pilot has HSA and it’s passive and fully automatic. But that’s not the case on the Deluxe model Pioneers.

advertisement
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you have to stop on a hill and stay there for a while, use the Hillbilly brake to hold the machine and put it in park. When you’re ready to leave, take it out of park and two foot it to release brake and you’re on your way.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!