Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I noticed yesterday one of my CV boots ripped.

So seemed like a good time to install my Rhino axles that have been sitting on a shelf for months! These things are BEEFY! Can't imagine ever breaking one. Check out the size difference-

The stockers look like little twigs next to the Rhinos.

Anyway, changing an axle is easy. First remove the wheel and take the kotter pin out of the axle nut.

Then remove the axle nut

Once the nut is off (by the way, it's TIGHT!!!) the hub should slip off easily.

Now all you have is the knuckle and the axle. I removed the knuckle completely to clean out some mud and debris but all you really need to do is remove the top a-arm bolt and loosen the bottom one and the knuckle swings down out of the way like this-

Now with a sharp tug, the axle will pop out.

That completes the disassembly. Reassembly is just the opposite. I put some grease on the splines of the new axle before popping it back into the differential.

So pop it back in, swing up the knuckle and tighten both bolts, slip the hub back on, and install the axle nut. Oh yeah, make sure you use a new kotter pin!

Put your wheel back on and you're done! Now time to go do burn outs on concrete or something! See what these babies can do!

Vato

Vato

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2015
Nice write up.
Hope you Don't break anything with those new axels!
They are beefy looking for sure.

Reactions: Tflynn
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi Tflynn, Thank you for taking the mystery out something so intimidating to me.

I do have a question. Is it an allusion or is the Rhino axle longer than the Honda?

Reactions: Tflynn
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hi Tflynn, Thank you for taking the mystery out something so intimidating to me.

I do have a question. Is it an allusion or is the Rhino axle longer than the Honda?
I'm glad you found it useful!

The axles are the same length but looking at the photo I definitely see what you're seeing. I think it must be the angle I was holding my phone or something that's making the Rhino look so much longer.

Reactions: Stauvo
d_b

d_b

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 24, 2015
Utah
Im curious on Maximum Angularity, compared to stockers ?

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
They are said to have higher articulation angles than stock, but I can't really say by how much.

They have a 1 year warranty too

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
Wonder if rhino would build some a lil longer I could redo my a arms for longer ones to make 6 inch lift or maybe touch bigger if had longer axels

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
So now where is the weak point in the drive train with the super atv axles?
I bet someone will find that out soon enough one thing about playing when u beef something up to stop the breaking in one spot ul move it to the next weakest link

Reactions: JTW
M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
Thats the one thing i love about the 700 it's strong enough to make it to the other side but weak enough to not break everything all to pieces and need a trailer to get out of the woods like some competitors sxs not saying no brand names

d_b

d_b

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 24, 2015
Utah
Wonder if rhino would build some a lil longer I could redo my a arms for longer ones to make 6 inch lift or maybe touch bigger if had longer axels
I like this idea..

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
And in sxs that's why the axles are skinny. They break before the diff or the trans.

Reactions: JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!