Sweet Deal or Not So Much?

N

Nvrgiveup

I picked up this LCP II chambered in .380 today from a friend for $200. It had approximately 60 rounds run through it (has had 110 now). Seemed too cheap to pass up. I’ve always been a Sig guy, mainly to it being my duty weapon for the better part of 25 years. However, I’m really liking this little .380 for several reasons!

420D2572 2BE7 4E4C 8369 E98857ED963E

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I picked up this LCP II chambered in .380 today from a friend for $200. It had approximately 60 rounds run through it (has had 110 now). Seemed too cheap to pass up. I’ve always been a Sig guy, mainly to it being my duty weapon for the better part of 25 years. However, I’m really liking this little .380 for several reasons!

View attachment 341435

Love my Ruger's but heard too much about the gritty trigger pull on the LCP so I went with the Kahr P380. I carry a 9mm most of the time but like a 380 for ultimate concealability. Nice to throw in the console in the sxs too. Ammo's not so cheap or easy to find but...

N

Nvrgiveup

Love my Ruger's but heard too much about the gritty trigger pull on the LCP so I went with the Kahr P380. I carry a 9mm most of the time but like a 380 for ultimate concealability. Nice to throw in the console in the sxs too. Ammo's not so cheap or easy to find but...
Yeah I paid $25 for a box of 50 plinking rounds and much more than that for 10 rounds of SD

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a LCP. It's nice that I could just put it in my pocket. I wasn't very accurate with it after about 5 yards though. I carry a hellcat now. Much more accurate and holds 13 rounds

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Kahr just recently opened up headquarters jut a couple towns away. Never owned one but I hear a lot of good things, How do you like yours?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Kahr just recently opened up headquarters jut a couple towns away. Never owned one but I hear a lot of good things, How do you like yours?

I like them. My 9mm is a Kahr as well. The trigger's are butter smooth. Kind of hard to rack when new, they take some break in but once you've put a couple boxes through it the spring softens up.

advertisement
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I like them. My 9mm is a Kahr as well. The trigger's are butter smooth. Kind of hard to rack when new, they take some break in but once you've put a couple boxes through it the spring softens up.
I found most guns that size are a little tough to chamber, especially when they are new. I thought the Ruger was one of the toughest I tried. My Beretta PX4 sub-compact is pretty tough too, but getting better.

Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
I have one of the first LC9 that came out. It is not a pleasure to shoot. Got to keep a good grip or it will stove pipe on you. The trigger pull is from El Paso to Dallas. The newest one are supposed to be a lot better.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I found most guns that size are a little tough to chamber, especially when they are new. I thought the Ruger was one of the toughest I tried. My Berretta PX4 sub-compact is pretty tough too, but getting better.

Saw where some were complaining about the 380's being snappy and inaccurate. I owned a KelTec 380 for a minute and hated that gun. Kicked like a little mule, jammed up far too often and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it. Peddled that POS asap. My Kahr has never jammed, even through the break in period. Though really small it has a rifled barrel and is pretty accurate considering.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Saw where some were complaining about the 380's being snappy and inaccurate. I owned a KelTec 380 for a minute and hated that gun. Kicked like a little mule, jammed up far too often and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it. Peddled that POS asap. My Kahr has never jammed, even through the break in period. Though really small it has a rifled barrel and is pretty accurate considering.
Since they moved here I have been wanting to get one, I think they have some kind of outlet store. But I have way more than I will ever need. I guess you know how that is. I was pretty amazed by the accuracy of my PX4, for such a short barrel, I wasn't expecting much but it is noticably more accurate than my 92FS. I love my old 92FS, but it's a good thing the capacity is 16.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have one of the first LC9 that came out. It is not a pleasure to shoot. Got to keep a good grip or it will stove pipe on you. The trigger pull is from El Paso to Dallas. The newest one are supposed to be a lot better.
Spot on about the trigger pull. I didn't mind it though. I'm a pretty good shot with it. I carried one for about a year until I got my hell cat

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

View attachment 341435
Thats a good deal. I have a Taurus 380 tcp, its a fun very concealable plinker. I have over 3,000 rounds of 380 most that i reloaded. Your going to be close proximity If u have to use a 380 for self defense. You prob know that.
I like my Sig M2 .40 but its heavy. I Have a 709slim thats fun and easy to cary and a few other 9’s. My Seal issue 39-2 S&W 9 is my favorite of the bunch. recently picked up a Taurus 6shot hammerless .38 special snub nose revolver Ive been carrying lately. Enjoy that Ruger.

And of corse tragically all of it was lost in the house fire when My wife was learning to cook some years ago! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I carry an old LCP .380 in my pocket every day. Trigger pull is about 60 pounds, fairly accurate, been cleaned twice in 7 years. My son bet me 20 bucks once the gun was so dirty it would not cycle. We went to our range and it ran the magazine without a glitch. There was a pretty good cloud of lint and junk that blew out on the first round though. Moral of the story, they are fairly accurate and extremely reliable. About time to upgrade to the II. My vehicle carry weapon is the Keltec PMR30. It is a .22 wmr with a 30 round magazine full of hollow points. Carry an extra mag and you've got 60 rounds on hand. I mounted a Streamlight TLR 1 on it and it rests by my bed with me every night.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
It is a .22 wmr with a 30 round magazine full of hollow points.

I carry hollow points in the 9mm but FMJ's for the lower calibers. Obviously either one will do damage, and I've probably watched too many videos on the subject, but my understanding is that the smaller calibers won't achieve enough penetration with hollow points to be lethal. 🤷‍♂️

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sweet deal!

I have carried a yellow 380 LCP in a back pocket holster for 6 years. I try to shoot it once a month and verify function and clean it. It is my everyday carry. It is the easiest of my pistols to conceal. Without getting into the caliber debate, the most important thing is that you have something you can carry and conceal in any attire choice. I have carried mine EVERYWHERE I to. When clothing permits my secondary carry is a compact Taurus 9mm 24/7 PRO. I really like the functions of the LCP II and have wanted it since it came out. My LCP however has not disappointed me yet so I have not been able to justify the purchase.

Last edited:
advertisement