Tailgate doesn't lay flat

willgoh1973

willgoh1973

Dec 25, 2014
i have the ebay ones myself.. i got pissed tryin to load a deer and the damn thing kept raising up on me cause the gate wont lay flat.. the ebay ones work well only thing i DONT like is they are thinner then factory

Reactions: Hondasxs
Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
i have the ebay ones myself.. i got pissed tryin to load a deer and the damn thing kept raising up on me cause the gate wont lay flat.. the ebay ones work well only thing i DONT like is they are thinner then factory

Hey guys I just found this thread. I didn't get any notifications. Thanks for the mentions and purchases!

@willgoh1973 ... I hope they are holding up for you. Strength was my concern when I started making them and I have yet to hear of any breaking. I have had full loads of wet logs on that gate and know of others that have done the same. Of course my biggest concern was someone sitting on the gate and have the cables break. So far the only giving has been the brackets on the gate that the cables attach to. The black covers are simply rubber coating and if you're not careful with them they can and do tear. I added the covers for looks only. As a guy making them in his spare time out of the garage, I have no high dollar equipment to test them with. Just feed back. I guess this is why I offer no guarantee even though I am confident in my work. Any ways... I'm glad you mentioned it so that I could let every one know my thoughts. Thanks! :) Now watch some a-hole chime in just to mess with me about broken cables... LOL.

But now if it's true that the 1000 has the same issue, I would sure like to know of any broken cables before I start to sell any.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!