President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This was just sent to me by another friend of mine in Idaho

I have a friend that works for a cable company I believe or a telecommunications company, I can’t remember which. He said he believes there is a major shut down coming because he was just given paperwork that will enable him to get through checkpoints as he called it…
In this forum .... we don't need roads. Feel free to checkpoint the entire map. If I want to get somewhere, I certainly will.

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Looks like Windrock is going to stay open.
Screenshot 20200317 174516 Instagram

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
This was just sent to me by another friend of mine in Idaho

I have a friend that works for a cable company I believe or a telecommunications company, I can’t remember which. He said he believes there is a major shut down coming because he was just given paperwork that will enable him to get through checkpoints as he called it…
Checkpoints in Washington probably? Lol

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I'm still planning to go, the only way I won't is if the park is physically closed (unlikely), we are "legally" forbidden to travel (again unlikely) or one of us is sick with the WuhFlu (hopefully unlikely). This is a quickly evolving situation, 5 weeks is a long time from now.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm still planning to go, the only way I won't is if the park is physically closed (unlikely), we are "legally" forbidden to travel (again unlikely) or one of us is sick with the WuhFlu (hopefully unlikely). This is a quickly evolving situation, 5 weeks is a long time from now.
If we are forbidden to travel, there will not be anything LEGAL about it, but rather purely UNconstitutional.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
If we are forbidden to travel, there will not be anything LEGAL about it, but rather purely UNconstitutional.
That's why I put in quotations...... if it comes to that, and let me say I don't think there's even a remote chance of it, there will be a much bigger problem to worry about than getting to TN for some fun. Sarcasm was intended but is sometimes lost.

advertisement
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Unless the park is closed I will go . I've got my hotel . Jumped through hoops to be off of work. I hope it goes as planned l know I had a fantastic time last year.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Understand that a declaration of either Marshall or Medical Marshall Law can superscede all constitutional rights. But there are some that still may be respected such as gun rights and here is an example from my state of NC regarding this issue.

Prior to 2012, during a declared state of emergency, several General Statutes allowed restrictions and prohibitions to be imposed on the “possession, transportation, sale, purchase, storage and use of dangerous weapons and substances, and gasoline.” “Dangerous weapons” included firearms such as handguns, rifles, and shotguns.” Those General Statutes, as they applied to firearms, were held unconstitutional in the federal court case of Bateman v. Perdue, 881 F.Supp.2d 709 (2012).
As a result, the North Carolina General Assembly repealed those General Statutes and enacted the current statute [G.S. 166A-19.31] to address this issue, which became effective October 1, 2012.
G.S. 166A-19.31(b)(4) provides that ordinances enacted by counties or cities during a state of emergency may include prohibitions and restrictions: “Upon the possession, transportation, sale, purchase, storage, and use of gasoline, and dangerous weapons and substances, except that this subdivision does not authorize prohibitions or restrictions on lawfully possessed firearms or ammunition” (emphasis added.) As used in this subdivision, the term "dangerous weapons and substances" has the same meaning as it does under G.S. 14-288.1. As used in this subdivision, the term "firearm" has the same meaning as it does under G.S. 14-409.39(2).
In explaining this law in a Blog post on June 1, 2012, and in her current teaching materials, Norma Houston, Lecturer in Public Law and Government, at the UNC-CH School of Government, explains in pertinent part:
What does this mean for local governments and citizens?
Local governments can still impose restrictions on dangerous weapons such as explosives, incendiary devices, and radioactive materials and devices, but cannot impose restrictions on lawfully possessed handguns, rifles, and shotguns. For example, if an individual is carrying a concealed handgun with a valid concealed carry permit during a declared state of emergency under which a dangerous weapons prohibition has been imposed, the local prohibition would not apply to this individual’s lawful possession of a concealed handgun.
Keep in mind that a wide variety of events may constitute a disaster – from a hurricane to a winter ice storm to a terrorist attack to a nuclear plant melt-down. Some disasters may warrant restrictions on dangerous weapons to protect public health and safety (imagine the need to ban the sale of explosives when under threat of a terrorist attack). However, under the exception, citizens can still lawfully possess handguns, rifles, and shotguns, even in these situations.

What cities and counties CAN do under a local state of emergency…

• Restrict other “dangerous weapons and substances”

• Enforce other emergency restrictions (such as a curfew) even if an individual is lawfully possessing a firearm

• Enforce other state gun laws (such as concealed-carry permit requirements)

• Include gun stores in business restrictions (but only to the same extent as other businesses)

What does this NOT mean for local governments and citizens?
This exception to the dangerous weapons restriction authorization does not override other restrictions that local governments are authorized to impose during a state of emergency. For example, if a curfew is imposed, an individual cannot violate the curfew even if he lawfully possessed a firearm. Or, if an evacuation is ordered, an individual may lawfully transport a firearm while evacuating, but must still heed the evacuation order. This exception also does not override other local ordinances relating to weapons (such as those prohibiting weapons in local government buildings); it only applies if and when restrictions on dangerous weapons are imposed during a declared state of emergency.
What cities and counties CANNOT do under a local state of

emergency…

• Limit or restrict the “possession, transportation, sale, purchase, storage, and use” of lawfully possessed firearms (defined as handguns, shotguns, and rifles) and ammunition for those firearms

• Prohibit the lawful sale of firearms

• Prohibit the lawful sale of ammunition for lawfully possessed firearms

• Prohibit lawful concealed carrying of handguns

• Prohibit lawful open carrying of handguns (or shotguns or rifles)

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!