Talon flipup tablet mount

Trey - 3DSXSDesign

Trey - 3DSXSDesign

Mar 23, 2024
Mississippi
Ownership

1. Talon R

Tramguage1 & Vondy thanks for sharing my products and the kind words!! I just joined this forum and am looking forward to chatting with people. If anyone has any questions about any of my products I am happy to answer questions.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

Tramguage1 & Vondy thanks for sharing my products and the kind words!! I just joined this forum and am looking forward to chatting with people. If anyone has any questions about any of my products I am happy to answer questions.

Welcome Trey! I lam enjoying my tablet mount very much. I hope all the members here will check out your products.

Nevada Notch

Nevada Notch

Jul 3, 2021
Carson City
Trey,

I was looking at the cutouts on the inside of the mount. Are these cutout openings the same size as the standard rocker switches? Once the cutout is removed, will a rocker switch snap into the opening?

Rand

Reactions: Coeus and TxDoc
Trey - 3DSXSDesign

Trey - 3DSXSDesign

Mar 23, 2024
Mississippi
Ownership

1. Talon R
Trey,

I was looking at the cutouts on the inside of the mount. Are these cutout openings the same size as the standard rocker switches? Once the cutout is removed, will a rocker switch snap into the opening?

Rand
Yes , but what you are looking at the a 2023 and it comes with that plate for rockers switches , but i do make a rocker switch plate and a box to make a 2nd cubby hole in clusters old location in the middle

Reactions: TxDoc and Hometeam
O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
3x USB and 2x voltmeter in the cubby, too. Auxbeam accessible just by flipping open the front panel GPS door. Clean as OEM.

View attachment 422536
View attachment 422537
View attachment 422538
View attachment 422539
Really like this set up.
3x USB and 2x voltmeter in the cubby, too. Auxbeam accessible just by flipping open the front panel GPS door. Clean as OEM.

View attachment 422536
View attachment 422537
View attachment 422538
View attachment 422539
really like this set up. Whose design is this? Or did I miss that?

Reactions: TxDoc
advertisement
Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
What do you see that would make you think it wouldn’t?
The way the lower half folds in for the latch. Picture is of a pioneer but the lip is similar. Guess I just don’t grasp how tall the tablet holder is above the dash

IMG 7538

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
The way the lower half folds in for the latch. Picture is of a pioneer but the lip is similar. Guess I just don’t grasp how tall the tablet holder is above the dash

View attachment 429416
No I see it now. Might be hard to operate the handle and if you have the extended handle might not clear. We have a pioneer but are looking to buy a talon. Might be a reason to buy the electric powered tilt windshield. lol.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
If it works with a SATV flip up windshield, I’m sold.
How tall is the lower half of the flip up windshield on the Talon? In my pic, that's the SATV full glass for reference.

Nevada Notch

Nevada Notch

Jul 3, 2021
Carson City
That would all depend of what sized tablet you are going to use. The top part of the mount slides up and down to secure the tablet and will hold tablets up to inches in size

The bigger the tablet the more likely there could be a possibility of interference with the folding latch mechanism. Check out the following review on Amazon.....

This thing doesn't fit properly. It does not line up with the two upper screws on the talon. Not even enough material to enlarge the hole to make it fit. I had to cut the back of it completely out. It's only going to be held on with the six M4-16 self tappers that I'm sure will woller out before long and I'll have to make brackets to hold it on. ALSO, IF YOU HAVE THE SUPER ATV FLIP OUT WINDSHIELD IT WILL INTERFERE WITH IT AND YOU WILL HAVE TO MAKE A BRACKET THAT HOLDS THE TOP OF THE PAD ON. DID I MENTION YOU WILL HAVE TO TAKE THE WINDSHIELD COMPLETELY OFF. I OWN A MACHINE SHOP SO I WAS ABLE TO MAKE A BRACKET. WHAT A JOKE IT WAS INSTALLING IT. OVERALL RATING IS ZERO!

Rand

Reactions: TxDoc and Jankyeye
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
That would all depend of what sized tablet you are going to use. The top part of the mount slides up and down to secure the tablet and will hold tablets up to inches in size

The bigger the tablet the more likely there could be a possibility of interference with the folding latch mechanism. Check out the following review on Amazon.....

This thing doesn't fit properly. It does not line up with the two upper screws on the talon. Not even enough material to enlarge the hole to make it fit. I had to cut the back of it completely out. It's only going to be held on with the six M4-16 self tappers that I'm sure will woller out before long and I'll have to make brackets to hold it on. ALSO, IF YOU HAVE THE SUPER ATV FLIP OUT WINDSHIELD IT WILL INTERFERE WITH IT AND YOU WILL HAVE TO MAKE A BRACKET THAT HOLDS THE TOP OF THE PAD ON. DID I MENTION YOU WILL HAVE TO TAKE THE WINDSHIELD COMPLETELY OFF. I OWN A MACHINE SHOP SO I WAS ABLE TO MAKE A BRACKET. WHAT A JOKE IT WAS INSTALLING IT. OVERALL RATING IS ZERO!

Rand
While I don't have a flip up windshield in the Talon, installing the holder was a breeze. In fact, the two OEM screws at the top are providing all the support. I didn't even use the self-tapping screws, as I didn't want to make six new holes until I found out it worked. I used double-sided foam Gorilla tape along the two edges - and it's still there working great. Not sure why that reviewer had such a difficult time installing it.

Reactions: TxDoc and Jankyeye
O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
How tall is the lower half of the flip up windshield on the Talon? In my pic, that's the SATV full glass for reference.

Rand
Well then. That eliminates this one. lol. Liked the looks in the picture. I guess I will keep looking.

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
While I don't have a flip up windshield in the Talon, installing the holder was a breeze. In fact, the two OEM screws at the top are providing all the support. I didn't even use the self-tapping screws, as I didn't want to make six new holes until I found out it worked. I used double-sided foam Gorilla tape along the two edges - and it's still there working great. Not sure why that reviewer had such a difficult time installing it.
So it does line up? I liked that one because it flips down instead of up and it looks like it belongs there.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!