highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I've set up the store so when customers purchase the intake tube with a Uni filter, after checkout they will automatically receive an emailed coupon good toward upgrading to the Desertcraft filter once back in stock and if they choose to. This Uni option will only be available while I'm out of Desertcraft filters. It's a temporary solution to fill a gap in delivery for customers who can't wait on restocking shipments, but gives them the option to upgrade later. I think this is a fair way to keep products moving while the Desertcraft filters are out of stock.

Yesterday I placed another order with Desertcraft which will be 50% more quantity to hopefully not run out again! they said I may begin receiving partial shipments for my current order by the end of next week.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
This is the match for the 2023 Navy Blue Talon. I haven’t seen it in person yet but looks good in this picture.
20230717 143445

Leukic

Leukic

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2018
Leesville, South Carolina
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Talon Intake Pre-filter Kit orange with Desertcraft filter ordered! Thanks!!
My Oldmans Talon should be at the dealership in the next coupel of days according the honda. Got him this and some mud busters and plastic guard stuff to help cover up some exposed openings under the hood. So he should be set for our ride in Aug.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
For those concerned with intake noise...
I bought this to try bouncing sound away from cab and the wife says if definitely made a difference after a short test ride. However, this particular product bought off ebay is not a great fit because its universal. I've talked with my sheet metal guys and we will work on something that fits my specific filter better.
Kystar shield

actual install
IMG 1637

Last edited:
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Talon Intake Pre-filter Kit orange with Desertcraft filter ordered! Thanks!!
My Oldmans Talon should be at the dealership in the next coupel of days according the honda. Got him this and some mud busters and plastic guard stuff to help cover up some exposed openings under the hood. So he should be set for our ride in Aug.
I tried to order a Matte Navy Blue one last night, but I was apparently too slow (or there weren't any in that color in the most recent shipment).

Not to worry, @highpocket74 said he's welding up more and sending them out to powder coat MON! :)

I did go ahead and order the Desertcraft filter and the 10-80 logo'd pre-filter cover so I could ensure I got one with the 10-80 logo on it! ;)

advertisement
S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
I tried to order a Matte Navy Blue one last night, but I was apparently too slow (or there weren't any in that color in the most recent shipment).

Not to worry, @highpocket74 said he's welding up more and sending them out to powder coat MON! :)

I did go ahead and order the Desertcraft filter and the 10-80 logo'd pre-filter cover so I could ensure I got one with the 10-80 logo on it! ;)
Sorry Dawg, don't hate me. I received the message and trounced it immediately.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Sorry Dawg, don't hate me. I received the message and trounced it immediately.
I probably would have beat you to it, but I got all the way to the end and realized I had picked the wrong "blue" color, and had to start over.

D'oh!

No worries. I'm sure @highpocket74 will take care of me.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I probably would have beat you to it, but I got all the way to the end and realized I had picked the wrong "blue" color, and had to start over.

D'oh!

No worries. I'm sure @highpocket74 will take care of me.
Yeah, at this time when the emails go out for back in stock notification, you have to be quick on the draw!! I try to keep up with inventory but it's tough being the only employee, with a full time job!

But hey, if everyone continues sponsoring me I may me able to drag up from this job. It's not bad but it's not the same as when I started in 2000. My projects are MUCH more interesting than work projects.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

Wonder who got the first one?🤔

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
This weekend I very briefly tested out a shroud that does seem to help deflect sound for those who are interested. I bought this one off ebay but I don't like the way it looks. The wife rode with me too verify that it does help.
IMG 1637

So I drew something up myself that follows the taper of the cone filter. Sent it to my local fab guys and this is what they are able to do. Working on getting quotes on these today. Let me now if y'all are interested.
Travis Desertcraft pre filter half side shield v2

Reactions: Smitty335
S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
I'd be interested

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I'd be interested
OK. The shop will be making me an aluminum sample soon. Then I have to get powder coat price. It will probably be a few weeks out if I run these. I'm sure these won't be cheaper than ebay or amazon china part, but it will be better looking and made in the USA.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Looks like the 'legs' are too spindly and will eventually break. They also have the potential to cause sealing issues around the hose clamp circumference (unless they have their own clamp below the filter's sealing neck.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Recieved my intake today!!!!!!
Here's a couple pics of the part next to the machine. The first is in full direct sunlight.
20230724 173705

The second is in the shade.
20230724 173744

I would say this is a VERY close match.
Thank you @highpocket74 for the quick turn around.
The third photo is of my addiction !!!
20230724 174145

Edit: the discoloration you see is from me NOT THE POWDER COATING!!!!

Last edited:
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!