The Mighty T-Rex Build

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Pioneer received a sibling today. My wife and I made the investment into a second side by side. We wanted to give friends and family access to the outdoors in the same way we enjoy it. We have had 6 ATVS and the pioneer for awhile, most of our family do not enjoy the ATVs. They really like the Pioneer. Over long rides the Pioneer seats can get uncomfortable. Especially in the back. Through alot of life changes and thought processes, my wife and I have decided we want to replace the ATVs with another side by side. We did some thorough research and deep discusses and landed on two machines. The Teryx4 or Wolverine. We came across a deal we couldn't pass up on the Teryx4. $15482.50 OTD with tax exempt at 1.9%interest for 36 months and 0 down payment. So we took a half day off of work and drove a few hours round trip to bring home the next project.

Currently there are not alot of plans for this machine in comparison to the Pioneer. I went into the Pioneer with big dreams. The Teryx is going to get what I consider the standard treatment. Windshield, winch, spare tire, skid plate, and a system for sound.

I would like to say a HUGE Thank You To @Hondasxs!!! The HondaSxS.com is second to none. The vast amount of information that can be found here is incredible. The ease of navigation I find intuitive.

With that said, it is crazy how other brand forums are not as well put together and may be difficult to find any information on. When I pulled the trigger on the Pioneer I felt like I knew where I wanted to go with it the day I brought it home. I have spent hours Google searching different forums and I cannot seem to find as much information on the other powersport brand forums. After two weeks I don't feel like I have found a path for the Teryx.

The goal for the Teryx is to provide comfortable seats for riders, keep up with the pioneer, and make life fun.

I am not sure how deep into modifications I will go, but I will keep it documented here.

As always here are some pictures. It is crazy how pictureless other sites are. It makes me Appreciate @Remington!

IMG 1593 IMG 1595 IMG 1596

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Pioneer received a sibling today. My wife and I made the investment into a second side by side. We wanted to give friends and family access to the outdoors in the same way we enjoy it. We have had 6 ATVS and the pioneer for awhile, most of our family do not enjoy the ATVs. They really like the Pioneer. Over long rides the Pioneer seats can get uncomfortable. Especially in the back. Through alot of life changes and thought processes, my wife and I have decided we want to replace the ATVs with another side by side. We did some thorough research and deep discusses and landed on two machines. The Teryx4 or Wolverine. We came across a deal we couldn't pass up on the Teryx4. $15482.50 OTD with tax exempt at 1.9%interest for 36 months and 0 down payment. So we took a half day off of work and drove a few hours round trip to bring home the next project.

Currently there are not alot of plans for this machine in comparison to the Pioneer. I went into the Pioneer with big dreams. The Teryx is going to get what I consider the standard treatment. Windshield, winch, spare tire, skid plate, and a system for sound.

I would like to say a HUGE Thank You To @Hondasxs!!! The HondaSxS.com is second to none. The vast amount of information that can be found here is incredible. The ease of navigation I find intuitive.

With that said, it is crazy how other brand forums are not as well put together and may be difficult to find any information on. When I pulled the trigger on the Pioneer I felt like I knew where I wanted to go with it the day I brought it home. I have spent hours Google searching different forums and I cannot seem to find as much information on the other powersport brand forums. After two weeks I don't feel like I have found a path for the Teryx.

The goal for the Teryx is to provide comfortable seats for riders, keep up with the pioneer, and make life fun.

I am not sure how deep into modifications I will go, but I will keep it documented here.

As always here are some pictures. It is crazy how pictureless other sites are. It makes me Appreciate @Remington!

View attachment 426438 View attachment 426439 View attachment 426440
Bossman definitely runs the best forum!

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There's a guy in my area with one of those. It looks like it should be a good cruising around 4 passenger machine. I'll be looking forward to your ride reviews - how it rides overall and how rear seat passengers like it.

Does it have a better suspension on it - i.e. the Pioneer standard shocks vs. the Fox upgrade?

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There's a guy in my area with one of those. It looks like it should be a good cruising around 4 passenger machine. I'll be looking forward to your ride reviews - how it rides overall and how rear seat passengers like it.

Does it have a better suspension on it - i.e. the Pioneer standard shocks vs. the Fox upgrade?
The S LE model comes standard with alloy wheels, roof, fox shocks, LED headlamps (individual high and low for outside and inside), and high clearance control arms front and rear. The arms are also wider than the base model.

Some things I have noticed so far include:
Metal front fender liner, and metal mesh flex brake caliper lines.

The front bumper has a spot for a winch. My understanding is that the predrilled holes are not universal and designed for the kawasaki winch accessory. From what I read, most everyone purchases their brand of winch choice and drill their own holes.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It is crazy to see how many people will make a post and be like

"I did this thing to my machine"

(post absolutely no pictures)

The responses will be

"cool I did too"

-or-

"that is on my wish list"

Then the reader (typically me) is left scratching their head asking

"I can't tell what they are doing or talking about"

I rarely see anyone ask for a picture. The pictures are the best parts.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It is crazy to see how many people will make a post and be like

"I did this thing to my machine"

(post absolutely no pictures)

The responses will be

"cool I did too"

-or-

"that is on my wish list"

Then the reader (typically me) is left scratching their head asking

"I can't tell what they are doing or talking about"

I rarely see anyone ask for a picture. The pictures are the best parts.
Sure Makes a difference 👍🏻

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The S LE model comes standard with alloy wheels, roof, fox shocks, LED headlamps (individual high and low for outside and inside), and high clearance control arms front and rear. The arms are also wider than the base model.

Some things I have noticed so far include:
Metal front fender liner, and metal mesh flex brake caliper lines.

The front bumper has a spot for a winch. My understanding is that the predrilled holes are not universal and designed for the kawasaki winch accessory. From what I read, most everyone purchases their brand of winch choice and drill their own holes.
Not easy jumping to another brand. Ive done it and recently with my truck. Takes some time to adjust. Im sure youll be happy adding that to your stable. They look like a nice machine.

advertisement
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol

I have 2 miles on mine, I haven't even used all of it yet,

The brake is a parking hand brake, the belt drive crawling feels much different, the center console blocks you from your significant other, the speedometer is oddly in the center, but the seats are nice.
Congrats. Need some interior pics

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, the ol' Teryx forum has slowed down in recent years. There's a lot of info going back many many years, but its not what it used to be.

First required mod: Fuel vent mod. Its one of the few things that is very well detailed on there.

Congrats buddy!
Thank you greatly! I know I said I wasn't going to do much to the teryx but my mental list is getting bigger :p

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Thank you greatly! I know I said I wasn't going to do much to the teryx but my mental list is getting bigger :p
Our front bumper is also another "must have." 🤣 ;)

There's a cool story on the Teryx forum about a guy that BLASTED a big bear at about 40 mph. Did some MAJOR damage and totaled the Teryx. The bumper pretty much saved his a$$.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Our front bumper is also another "must have." 🤣 ;)

There's a cool story on the Teryx forum about a guy that BLASTED a big bear at about 40 mph. Did some MAJOR damage and totaled the Teryx. The bumper pretty much saved his a$$.
That is crazy. I know for sure it will have the SuperATV flip windshield before June. Black Friday will probably be when it gets the skid plate.

advertisement