CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Those 32's are Tusk Terrabites, I found the sidewalls a little soft for the jagged rocks I've encountered, my current tires are 32" BFG KM3's UTV tire. I believe @CID is currently running 30" BFG K02's LT tire? The LT tires are a little heavier but cost less than UTV specific tires.
Yep, I'm running the BFG K02 in 30 x 15 but they ride a little harsh. They weigh 39.7 lbs. each without a rim. They're wearing like iron though. :) When I need another set, I'm leaning towards the UTV specific 30 x 15 KM3s hoping for a plusher ride (+ the Shock Therapy shocks). They're considerably more expensive than the K02's, like $60 per tire IIRC. :oops:

D

Dankathy

May 4, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Yep, I'm running the BFG K02 in 30 x 15 but they ride a little harsh. They weigh 39.7 lbs. each without a rim. They're wearing like iron though. :) When I need another set, I'm leaning towards the UTV specific 30 x 15 KM3s hoping for a plusher ride (+ the Shock Therapy shocks). They're considerably more expensive than the K02's, like $60 per tire IIRC. :oops:

View attachment 367256

View attachment 367257
Have you changed the shocks yet? I did the sway bar thing, you may want to run mine again! Way better - sometimeso_O

Deacon38

Deacon38

Dec 7, 2022
Parker Az
Ownership

1. Talon R
Those 32's are Tusk Terrabites, I found the sidewalls a little soft for the jagged rocks I've encountered, my current tires are 32" BFG KM3's UTV tire. I believe @CID is currently running 30" BFG K02's LT tire? The LT tires are a little heavier but cost less than UTV specific tires.
I was looking at the tusk terrabite in a 30". I don't think I'll have the problem with the sidewalls where we go. Thanks a lot for all the info, I'm new to all of this so I really appreciate it

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Have you changed the shocks yet? I did the sway bar thing, you may want to run mine again! Way better - sometimeso_O
Not yet, they need to have their pressures checked, I'll get them in right after Christmas. I'm grounded til March anyway (winter dontchaknow). Way better 'sometimes' - LOL - trophy truck handling takes a while to get used to, all that weight rolling over on the outside rear. :p
I was looking at the tusk terrabite in a 30". I don't think I'll have the problem with the sidewalls where we go. Thanks a lot for all the info, I'm new to all of this so I really appreciate it
The Terrabite is an awesome tire and last forever. Their weaknesses are sidewalls and beadlocks on some individual tires (inconsistent bead widths on 'some' tires causing leakage). If you don't have beadlocks and sidewall concerns, they're an excellent choice.

D

Dankathy

May 4, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Not yet, they need to have their pressures checked, I'll get them in right after Christmas. I'm grounded til March anyway (winter dontchaknow). Way better 'sometimes' - LOL - trophy truck handling takes a while to get used to, all that weight rolling over on the outside rear. :p

The Terrabite is an awesome tire and last forever. Their weaknesses are sidewalls and beadlocks on some individual tires (inconsistent bead widths on 'some' tires causing leakage). If you don't have beadlocks and sidewall concerns, they're an excellent choice.
(winter dontchaknow) sorry, i forgot.:cool:

DHS_Officer

DHS_Officer

Jan 14, 2021
Orange County Cal
Ownership

1. Talon X
I went with 31x10x15 terrabites. No rubbing no noticeable loss of power. Very happy with them. I felt 30's would be too small but 32's would rub, thus I went with 31's/ Joe at TeamFASmotorsports gave me a super killer deal on wheels and tires.

advertisement
Deacon38

Deacon38

Dec 7, 2022
Parker Az
Ownership

1. Talon R
I went with 31x10x15 terrabites. No rubbing no noticeable loss of power. Very happy with them. I felt 30's would be too small but 32's would rub, thus I went with 31's/ Joe at TeamFASmotorsports gave me a super killer deal on wheels and tires.
I bought 32x10x15 terrabite and ITP cyclone 15x7 wheels. Got the tires but wheels will be here tomorrow. Guess I'll find out if I made the right choice

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I bought 32x10x15 terrabite and ITP cyclone 15x7 wheels. Got the tires but wheels will be here tomorrow. Guess I'll find out if I made the right choice
Sweet! Dont forget the before and after pics to post up!

Reactions: IDIOT and Smittyp
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Check your steering rack and tie rods ends. I had to replace mine at around 24,000 miles and expect I will be replacing it again before 50,000. I'm at 34,623 miles now and have a little play. The large tires may need a steering rack at 20,000. Its best to check the left front at full lock. There is a tab on the lower A-arm and it should have about 1 inch of clearance when new. Mine is at 1/2 inch now.

2019TalonR1
2019TalonR2
20220729 162609

Deacon38

Deacon38

Dec 7, 2022
Parker Az
Ownership

1. Talon R
Check your steering rack and tie rods ends. I had to replace mine at around 24,000 miles and expect I will be replacing it again before 50,000. I'm at 34,623 miles now and have a little play. The large tires may need a steering rack at 20,000. Its best to check the left front at full lock. There is a tab on the lower A-arm and it should have about 1 inch of clearance when new. Mine is at 1/2 inch now.

View attachment 367982View attachment 367983View attachment 367984

View attachment 367982View attachment 367983View attachment 367984
Thanks for the info

BobFarrell

BobFarrell

Lifetime Member
Mar 17, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon X

I can attest to the "leakage" issue with the Terrabite!! I've got 1 that will be flat in a week and another that doesn't lose any. The other two have slow leaks that require air every month. I ride 2-3 times per month and average 75-100 miles per ride. I've tried cleaning the wheel&tire Re-seating & re-torquing the bead locks with no luck. I like the tire but airing them up just so I keep it sitting level in the garage (between rides) is a pain in the ass!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!